Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pontiac staight 8 info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob lee, Mar 22, 2007.

1. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Well I got a chance to save a 52 chieftan pretty much complete. It was on the way to the crusher. She is rusty but the stainless is in good shape, I was just wondering about the engine/ trans it turns over and i think it will start. What cubic inch would this be and would parts be big bucks? For 200$ I think there is alot of useable parts of course no title. Advice or opinions would be cool,thanks in advance. Later Rob

2. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

should be a 268. around 109 hp, maybe 110, it changed in there somewhere... being a 52, it'll have the sealed water pump, which is nice. on a 50 like i have, you have to cork it, fill it with oil, and drain it or so i've read. speed parts exist, but to put it in perspective, i read on wikepedia today that "hen's teeth" exist occasionally due to a genetic trait carried down through the eons...

good news is that they run forever. kanter's sells about anything you'd need, but i'm not 100% sure on the quality of their engine stuff, though.

3. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

Kanter sells decent parts, but they can be a little short on the phone... you can also try egge.com for engine stuff.

4. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

I've got a 53 at the rebuilders right now. Engine parts are readily available though "speed" parts might be a gross overstatement of them. California Pontiac Restoration (sorry, google it, I don't have their link on this machine) carries lots of parts and accessories for these.