Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Polson, Mt car show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unklgriz, Aug 9, 2008.

1. unklgriz

unklgriz

Here are a few pics from the show we went to today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. unklgriz

unklgriz

3. 31whitey

31whitey

wow

lived in MISSOULA for ten years

love the lake and polson

if I would have know so many great cars exist in the PNW and montana

i think I would stil be around

I know I will be back

thanks for the pics and the memories

4. unklgriz

unklgriz

The guy that owns this vette has had it for 40 yrs. He raced it in the 60's and 70's at Englishtown and in Florida. That car runs consistent 9:80's with him rowing through the gears. He said its a blast to drive!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 31whitey

31whitey

I really miss Montana

6. The 2-door hardtop Wagon is so damn clever it's amazing it hasn't been done before. Looks like the craftsmanship is also top drawer.

Kudos to the designer/builder/owner.

7. Nice pics. Yeah, that station wagon hardtop is awesome. It really made me do a double take.

The Yellowstone rod run (38th annual) was last weekend, wasn't it? I'm planning on going to that next year. There's nothing more awesome than a bunch of hot rods running around Yellowstone for the weekend.

Don't forget... Billings has the Burn the Point coming up too. Although, I think they stopped the actual burnouts for safety reasons.

8. fleetside66

fleetside66

This show was covered by My Classic Car last year. It looks like a nice town. The guy that build my frame lives there.

9. myoldcrap

myoldcrap

Thanks for the pics.

10. roofcam

roofcam

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing. Love that area, but am surprised to see that many cars/rods in such an out-of-the-way place.

11. unklgriz

unklgriz

That show has become quite the place to go for most of the cars from up here. There are cars from all over the states and Canada that show up for it. It goes for 3 days, there is a concert on Saturday night after the show, a cruise and poker run on Friday. Polson is at the south end of Flathead Lake, and has become a decent little town that from the looks of things actually opens their doors for the car people.

That wagon is done pretty nice. He took a Bel-Air and a wagon and spliced them together. There were people all day wondering if it was real.

The guy that owns that 62 vette does all of our cabinets and counter tops in the houses that we restore, and I never knew that he even owned that car. Alot of people up here just keep their cars in hiding until shows like this come around. There are alot of rides up here that you will only see once in a blue moon.

I have a buddy of mine that has a black 1st series 55 Chev that hasn't seen the light of day for over 10yrs.

Larry

12. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

I really have to make it to that show next year.