Register now to get rid of these ads!

Poll- 53 chevy with or without white top

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Saoutlaws_Gotti, Jun 28, 2007.

?
  1. Hell Yeah, Spray That Top White

43 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. Hell Nah, Dont F*&^K With It

17 vote(s)
    27.4%
  3. Ummmmm, I Dunno

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

Ok a few days back i asked the board to please photoshop me some scallops on my 53

Boneyard, replied with an awesome jobto the first set of pics i post. shortly there after i asked him, if it wasnt to much work could he do it to the most recent pic i had of the car and also if he wouldnt mind doing a second one of the car with a white top.

I love both versions and can not decide what to do with or without white top

can you guys give me your opinions and help me make my mind up

thanks

Attached Files:

2. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

i like it with the white top
    go for it

3. blktopbandit

blktopbandit

4. mcload

mcload

I vote white as well, though if you had blackwalls, I'd probably change my vote. Looks nice!! Ohhh...I forgot, it's a photoshop car!! ;-)

5. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I like cream myself. Thinking about that for mine. Green with cream scallops and roof. Maybe a nice green outline and corner pinstriping on the roof. Bel Air trim around the doors and naked sides. Drag the ass...9 teeth in the 54 grill (mine's a 54) Like those black rims, too!!

6. Degreaser

Degreaser

voted white. for sure.

7. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

8. Would a white top with scallops on the roof work? Or, reverse the scallop colors (red with white outline) on the roof? The white roof looks like too much white to me.

Thanks,
    Kurt

Edit: Or somethin' like that :confused: ... you get the idea, scallops on the roof.

9. Tin Can

Tin Can

ooooo. thats a tossup. The white makes it look more vintage. Im not sure what way I would go. I really dig the car

10. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

if you go white, do the pillars white also

I kinda like the blue since you have white scallops (normally I would say go white without hesitation)

11. jeffrob

jeffrob

blue top looks slicker homes..................

12. patgizz

patgizz
    from cleveland

white top, keep the pillars blue. normally i'd vote white top if a belair with the white side stripe as well but..... it works awesome with the white scallops!

13. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

the car is pretty much the way it looks in pics with the exception of the scallops, oh and i think he said he lowered it a lil but not to big a deal there considering this thing is getting bagged this next Feb (tax return)

but it currently is the same blue and has the black wheels and wide whites

14. Custom54

Custom54

I like blue roof.

15. Custom54

Custom54

Or you could go blue or white, but flake it ..... ?

16. BadLuck

BadLuck

I like the blue roof...but if you do go white...paint the pillars white also....

17. slow64

slow64
    from MB, Canada

I like the white top idea -- works well with your wraparound rear glass. You might consider painting everything above the beltline white like some people are saying -- not sure though. In any case, the blue pillars DO stand out and that's probably not what you're looking for.

If you went with a white top you could do some blue scallops up there - kind of a reverse jobbie. If I was doing a white top with scallops on the sides that's what I'd do.

The other option is keep the top blue and add white scallops to the hood, roof and trunk. Lot's of work but worth it. AFter scalloping the shit out of my 64 (and loving it) I'm painting the 53 a single colour, but if I wasn't, THIS is what I'd do.

Nice ride man. Good to finally see it in profile.

18. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

slow 64 it just an ok ride

lol

it really a nice 10 footer but im trying to solve all that the car is fairly descent mechanically got problems here and there but what old ride doesnt

my main reason for going white top is the person who painted it didnt do a very nice prep job when i came time to feather in old chips and scratches so it realy shows on the top (hardest place to reach)

ive got a few nos chrome parts for the grill and rechromeing the rest of the pieces is next on the list, then the scallops and along in all this will be the V8 swap and then come feb it will get bagged (tax return money)

then ill be pretty much happy with the car except for a few odds and ends ill need to get cleaned up

but Imo, a ride is never finished, there will always be something else you can find you wanna do

19. flat_mountain

flat_mountain

I vote for blue with a white scallop treatment on the roof.

20. slow64

slow64
    from MB, Canada

yeah, and my 64 is full of dents and I just scalloped over the old paint. Kind of stupid of me, I guess, but its all in fun. It only took an afternoon...

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Paint it white.....but throw some blue pearl in it.......oh yeah....

22. Bazooka

Bazooka

I would paint the top white and consider adding in a blue pearl or flake. Keep the pillar blue for sure!

23. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

The white top takes away fom the scallops, kinda top heavy.

24. atch

atch

i'm one of the two that voted 'dunno". i did that 'cause i like it better blue. BUT, if you're gonna do something with the top, flake it silver.

well, is that worth $0.02?

25. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

EVERYONE has different color roofs these days. It'd be nice to see the roof match the car for once.

If anything, do some matching scallops over the hood, roof, and decklid.

26. Gerg

Gerg

I dig it with the white top

27. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I think the white top ties in nice with the scallops. Plus it would keep it cooler in the summer inside. I think a scalloped roof would be too much...

28. white and do the door posts and around windows too