Register now to get rid of these ads!

PMs: How do you know you've got one?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by zonkola, Mar 20, 2003.

1. zonkola

zonkola
    from NorCal

Is there a way to see a new PM has arrived without going into the "My Home" area? (I've sent another HAMBer a PM, and I'm fighting the urge to post one of those "check yer PMs" posts...)

2. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

This I learned just last night: a blinking envelope will appear under the HAMB masthead where it says "Main Index" to the left. Watch, I'll send you PM, you may see the blinking envelope. Lemme know if it worked.

3. zonkola

zonkola
    from NorCal

Humboldt Cat sent me a PM that cleared everything up--thanks!

For those of you wondering the same thing, what happened is that I got an email sent to my email address from the Jalopy Journal saying that I had a PM waiting. When I logged into the HAMB, there was a flashing letter signifying PMs in my PM box. Click on the flashing letter, and blammo--you're reading PMs.

Way better than the old HAMB method of posting "Dude, check yer PMs!" Thank you, Ryan.

p.s. Shouldn't that be HAMBoldt Cat? Heh.

4. raaf

raaf

zonkola,

actually, you can make it so the hamb emails you each time you get a private message. do the following...

* choose 'My Home' from the links above
    * click 'Edit' to right of 'Subscribe/Unsubscribe...'
    * choose 'Yes' next to 'Do you want email notifications...'

-- raaf

5. atch

atch

zonk,

there are the following boxes below where you're writing when you are creating a pm to send to someone:

I want to keep a copy of my message

I want to receive a read receipt

I want to preview my message

if you check the middle one (receive a read receipt) you'll know when the recipient read the pm. what was said above (previously, in this post) tells the recipient that he/she has a pm; this tells you that the recipient has read it. pretty cool, huh?

6. zonkola

zonkola
    from NorCal

Thanks guys, I'm now a certified PM expert! [​IMG]