Register now to get rid of these ads!

Plymouth disc brakes made cheap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plymouth1947, Jul 7, 2010.

1. plymouth1947

plymouth1947

need cheapo disc brakes I got the bracket you need and a list of off the shelf parts, the whole thing can be done for around $225.00 "the brackets are $80.00 until I run out of the ones I made with the steel I had laying around "about ten sets" they are made of heavy 3/8" plateI do know they fit my 47 Plymouth but not sure what else they fit E-mail me at [email protected] if interested...they use the stock hub after the drum is removed and nothing has to be altered on the car to install these they are a direct bolt on item

Attached Files:

2. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Nice. I'm sure someone will appreciate the fab work already done for them.

There is a classified section of the forum where you should post this. A moderator will probably move it there for you. If you go to the link below and scroll down you will see the classified section. Best of luck. :)

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/index.php

3. Email sent, does anyone kn ow if a 1950 dodge is set up the same???

4. 50 Dodge Wayfarer same as Plymouth. 50 Dodge Meadowbrook and Coronet NOT the same.

5. 4woody

4woody

What hub/rotor/caliper does your setup use, and does it move the wheel mounting surface out from stock??

6. Really??? I had no idea... Good thing Ive got a Wayfarer lol Is there anyway we can get the parts list posted????

7. Them look like "E" body calipers and factory brackets plus his mounting plate, rotors are most likely 70 "A" body 2 piece units. only thing bad is it still uses the ball bearings instead of roller bearings.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  8. Mopars of this era use tapered rollers stock

9. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

keep me in the loop

10. Funny all of mine had ball type.

11. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

Then someone changed them.

12. plymouth1947

plymouth1947

this setup uses the stock hubs and they are taperd roller bearings all of the parts are latemodel ford parts Ford Ranger FWD rotors and T-bird calipers on the stock mounting brackets.........

13. sickboy713

sickboy713
    from oildale

i'd like to find a cheap way to put disc on my '56 plymouth. think it would work?

14. kool32

kool32
    from Kentucky

Thanks for posting

15. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

I did my '50 dodge pickup last spring using parts from ABS power Brake in L.A. the "kit" was NOT cheap but worked fine after exchanging calipers for ones that did not contact the steering arm....the components are chevrolet (calipers & rotors) for what it's worth...communication was difficult but I'm happy with the upgrade...a custom sleve was fabbed to slip onto the spindle to support the inner bearing and rotor and accept a seal...no problems after a year plus.

16. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I'm glad the Moderator in his wisdom decided not to move this Thread, it has worked out just right here.
    Just cos somebody mentions a price does not mean it needs to be in the 4 sale section.
    Great chance to discuss stuff!

17. 73RR

73RR

Try AAJ Brakes in Portland. http://www.aajbrakes.com/

18. sickboy713

sickboy713
    from oildale

yea, i have seen that site. i just haven't been able to bring my self to spend $250 on this
    [​IMG]

or $900 on this
    [​IMG]

i would rather spend $225 - $250 and end up like the picture at the top of this post. i guess that i will have to buy the basic kit and start collecting everything to complete it as i can. thanks

19. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

Greedy bastards. Probably pay their employee's $8 an hour. LMAO