Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ply. Coupe Body Parts ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chucksdart, Feb 21, 2010.

1. chucksdart

chucksdart
    from Mo.

I stumbled across a guy that has a 32 Plymouth 5 window coupe body . It doesn't have any doors or a deck lid . I've only seen a picture of it but it looks to be in good shape . How hard do you think it would be to find some doors and the deck lid ? Are repops available ? Fiberglass ? A coupe like this has been a dream of mine for a long time but I don't want to get it if I can't get the parts to build it . Thanks in advance guys and what do you think would be a fair price for the body ?

2. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

3. There are glass body parts out there. PlyDo comes to mind but I think there are others too.

4. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

As for origional parts I've seen very few over the last 20 years - at least at Ohio swap meets - and recently I have seen them repopping the '34 (at least) in fiberglass.

I haven't checked Ebay - so maybe I am all wet, but if I was in the hunt for something for an early plymouth & I found something I would pull the trigger QUICK. Meaning they're nothing like the availability of the early Ford stuff.

Over the last 20 years I remember seeing one or two speedo's - a glove box door (which I bought for the trim)- maybe one or two pair of door handles. The thing was at least when you found the stuff - it did normally go CHEAP because it wasn't Ford!

I havn't followed them lately so maybe the internet has changed all that!!!

5. marfen

marfen
    from sask

are you sure it's a 32? I've only seen 3 windows that year, 5 windows 33 & up.

6. ezdusit

ezdusit

All the Model PB coupes were 3-window. All the Model PCs were 5-window. The PBs were in production from April '32 through September. The PCs came out in October and a lot of them were registered as 1932 vehicles. It gets real confusing when someone says "1932 Plymouth." It could be a PA, PB, or PC.

7. chucksdart

chucksdart
    from Mo.

I drove up and looked at what the guy said he thought was a 1932 Plymouth coupe . I don't know much about the different old bodies but I feel certain this is not a 32 Ply. Just looking around the HAMB , it looks to be around a 1935 maybe ?I'm don't even know if it is a Plymouth. It is definitely a 5 window and this thing is nice ! I am not interested in it at this time but I would love to start a project with a body this solid . I hope somebody buys it that will appreciate it and put it back on the road . It's been in indoor storage the last 15 years . If anyone wants to check it out , it's in Fairgrove Mo. Shoot me a PM and I will give you the guys phone # . I think it can be bought REAL right .

8. right in the middle of the current Speedway catalog
    Don

9. Flatheaded

Flatheaded
    from Nordakoda

We looked for 2 years for a deck lid for my wife's '33 PC. Never did find one, put out want ads, Ebay, you name it. Finally ended up making one. As far as doors, can't say I came across a whole lot of good steel ones, if any. Fiberglass may be the answer if available. Good luck!