Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Plunder Road

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

add to your viewing list: Starman, starring Jeff Bridges. about an 1 hr 15 min into movie Karen Allen gets a ride in a Hot Rod '32 Roadster

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Bwahaha,your probably right! HRP

kiwijeff likes this.
  3. I just ran across this movie again looking for something else,it's available on you tube, HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

It's an Excellent film and is available on DVD. Another good one is "Hot Cars" from 1956, (also available on DVD).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049334/

Some of it was filmed on location at a pair of used car lots in Culver City? California......Plus it has Joi Lansing in it.

Joi Lansing.jpg

ct1932ford and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  5. metalman

metalman

I'll have to look for it, love those old 50's movies, like someone else said it's about the scenery more then the plot.
    I'll vouch for "Hot Cars" as well, enjoyed it and yes, she did add to the "scenery".
    Not so much for the cars but just the life style of normal, middle class 1957, lot's of good street scenes in suburbia LA I'd recommend "No Down Payment"

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. metalman

metalman

Nothing on TV last night after the game so I went ahead and watched "Plunder Road". Seen it before but still enjoyable. Funny they never seemed to have to shift the trucks and how a couple different trucks, the Chevy boom truck and the International had the same car (54 Merc?) dash in them;).

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.