Register now to get rid of these ads!

Plexiglass wiring planel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spinner, May 18, 2011.

1. spinner

spinner

if anyone has made a panel like this, I would like to know what would be the best glue to use?

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Plexi glue.... it's in a squeeze bottle with a syringe... you put the pieces together hold them then squirt a tiny bit between the panels and it'll run the whole length!

We used it at AI building speaker boxes... works well!!

3. spinner

spinner

thanks where is the best place to find it

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Crafts store item.

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I'd check the yellow pages for an industrial plastic supply house in your area or on the web. If they sell the plastic they will have the proper glue.

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

I'm sure where ever you find the plexi they'll have it too. Check a boat place, they sell plexi for the windshields on bass boats!

7. Texass

Texass

Google IPS Weld-On Industrial Plastic Ashesives. Most Plexiglass supply stores carry it. If the joint is tight, use IPS #4. It flows like water and sucks itself into the joint. If the fit is a little rough, use IPS #16. It bonds well, and is thick enough to fill in small gaps. We used to build saltwater fish tanks using this stuff and it works extremely well. You'll break the plastic before the weld.

8. I attached the electrical control center [fuse box, relays and flasher] to a clear piece of plexi attached to the right inner firewall...spaced it about an inch from the steel firewall....think I'll do it again with my 34 coupe.

9. spinner

spinner

Thanks hambers for your help