Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pledge Furniture Polish..?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plymouth, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Road Runner

Road Runner

Pledge ingredients are:

60-70% Water

10-20% Isoparaffinic Hydrocarbon Solvent

3-5% Butane

3-5% Propane

1-5% Silicone

It's basically a non-aggressive cleaner that also coats the surface for a short while.
    Isoparaffinic Hydrocarbon Solvent is also used in drycleaning, as it is non-toxic and gives a silky feel.

Sounds like a great tire and vynil cleaner, but maybe a waste on the finish.

Try this stuff for the finish http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,2

2. llonning

llonning

A very good friend of mine (since passed) had a very large collection of HD's and other bikes. He would have someone come in and clean them. The final touch was with Pledge. The bikes always looked great.

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

only if you rub it in... and stop schtuping aerosol cans... that is a felony to use one of them in a manner other than directed

4. Famous Tater

Famous Tater

Vinyl interiors, car tires, paint, pee holes...which one of these sounds like a BAD idea???? Hahaha!

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i vote paint... but i'm deviant

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

I just tried it...and, yes. Not at first, but then it comes on pretty strong. Rinsing it with brake-clean didn't help either.

7. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

will it hurt if i get it in my pee hole?

No but your hand will keep slipping of the end!

8. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

If you coat yer car with Pledge....does that make it a lemon????

9. Me too....works great, and...you get a fresh lemony smell too!!

10. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

I use it for cleaning bugs off windshields of ag spray planes. They land and sometimes the windshields are covered, spray pledge on, wipe off with rag. Takes 10 seconds, very easy. Ive never tried it on paint though.

11. JohnT

JohnT

Brings back memories...

My mom had a 62 Impala wagon (black) with a 283 / 3 on the tree.. :p

If you were sittin in the front seat and she had to stop fast, you got the old right hand "arm bar" across the chest... :D

seat belt? what ???

the good ole days...

12. hoof

hoof

We used to spray pledge on the slides of trombones to slick them up (yeah I know, super geek check!!!). We caught hell for it because we were told it built up, and the slide would need to be acid dipped to clean it off.
    CHAZ

13. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Thanks to Seinfeld, I get this post. Otherwise..."stop short" :confused:

Meguiar's makes a product to spruce up your shine in a pinch, and it's painter friendly IIRC..."Quick Detailer". Doesn't attract bees.

14. hotcargo

hotcargo

I'm like Hank and Bort , I use Pledge on my Sickle and Geetars , interior of the cars etc , good stuff !!!

15. Ive seen this used on the show currict and Ive also seen brasso used on black paint during shows for a killer look............using plege is great at indoor shows because it does help keep the dust off at shows just as it would at home..........not to sure about a dailey driver..........."support your local show rod"

16. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

use it all the time on my atvs and sleds. never seemed to harm the paints on them and it made the fuzzy scuffed up plastic look new.

17. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Most pilots use furniture polish on the windscreen (windshield), it not only handles the little scratches in the 'plastic', but also assists in shedding rain - most light GA aircraft do not have w/shield wipers.

dj

18. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I've been using it on interiors and snowmobile cowls for years, got it on the paint a lot and never had any problems. And if you get the lemon it makes your car smell nice, not the smell of chicken shit like you get with armor-all.

19. 34FordConv

34FordConv

Here's a tip... I used it to redo a steering wheel ...painted the wheel with hi heat black (looks flat when dry) then polished with Pledge. The wheel looks like new not too shiney and not too dull, and the Pledge soaked into the paint and has stayed looking the same for over 3 months with handling.

20. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

i use it too on my motorcycle windscreen and does a great job of cleaning up the motorcycle helmet as well of smashed on bugs

21. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

nope, but the brake cleaner rinse does wonders for your ball skin... its so kissable now!

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

For real? I have a major problem with cats ruining all my wheels and hubcaps. I'll try it.

23. ray

ray
    from colorado

indeed brakleen does a wonderful job or removing those pesky scrotum hairs without razor burn, rather the warm pleasurable tingle of a slight chemical burn. and that vasectomy i've been considering is no longer an issue!

oh, and for the record i tried, and no, the pledge did NOT hurt when it goes in the peehole. however the swarm of bees was a bit of a nuisance. so the hunt continues for a proper polish for my wood.