Register now to get rid of these ads!

(Please help)51 Studebaker fenders on a 49-51 Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buzz bomb, Dec 26, 2006.

1. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

I have a question maybe one of you can answer , does anyone know if Studebaker fenders (maybe 1951) will be a direct fit(meaning no major surgery) on a 49-51 ford shoebox? I really like the way Buster Litton's 1949 ford looks with those fenders and think the chop looks just like mine . So in a way i'm trying to get it to look like his and those fenders would do the trick , Any help would be greatly appretiated . Here's a pic of mine and a pic of Littons

Buzz Bomb

Attached Files:

2. Crease

Crease

PM Keith Weesner, he should know.

An article on Rikster's web site says that the front half of the Studebaker fender was grafted onto the Ford fender. Sounds like a fair bit of metal work. If you can chop a top, I am sure that you can get the job done. I would be very interested in any first (or even second) hand knowledge also.

3. Squablow

Squablow

I'd be dipped in shit and painted pink if you could bolt Stude fenders onto a Ford. Guaranteed not.

But, I don't think it'd be that hard to graft the forward sections of the Stude fenders to the shoebox fenders. Like Crease said, if you're talented enough to pull off that chop, this should be a breeze.

4. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

HELL NO I"M NOT TALENTED!!!! Bill Hines did the chop on my car as well as th other body mods . I was thinking of having my local shop (Starlite rod and custom) do the work . After my divorce I live in an apartment with a garage only big enough to hold my car and thats it!! no work here . Well on the other hand I'm sure my buddy's shop could handle the work with ease . Now to find the fenders ,but I may have a lead on that . (dipped in shit and painted pink! That's some funny shit!!!!!)

Buzz Bomb

5. My Hudson is getting the Stude fender treatment as well. It's a beautiful look. Litton's Ford is my inspiration...

6. yeahRight

yeahRight

those are 52 lights on 50 fenders in the black and white pic.

I have 52 lights if you need them

7. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

You have a good idea - the '52 lights look nice. On some Studes I've seen Kaiser lights used (no idea on the year, they're pointed on the bottom).

Anyway - have at it!

8. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I think it would look cool as well. If I were trying to do the swap, I think I would try to just hang the Stude front clip on the Ford and see how they match up - and then go from there. Then you'll be able to see what needs to be added here or there, and see what works and what doesn't.