Register now to get rid of these ads!

Plasma cutter troubleshooting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRUCKRODDER, Oct 18, 2005.

1. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I have a little Miller 110 plasma cutter with the built in compressor. It worked great a month ago ,I plugged it in last night,itcame on ,could here it running ,attached my ground and pulled trigger ,nothing! What could be the problem? Don't know much about it.:confused: Thanks.

2. muffman58

muffman58

Could be you need to check the consumables. The tip on the end sometimes gets loose at the collar, just take your hand and tighten it up! This is a safety item that won`t let the machine work if loose.

3. bwiencek

bwiencek

Also clean the consumables with a scotchbrite if they're not wore out and are just black from the arcing.

4. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

yep my hypotherm dose the same thing just have to clean it so the you get contact.

bret

5. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

also at the gun ,is the collar tight and o- ring good if not will not fire at all and is air pressure ok?

6. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Consumables are probably worn out. My hypertherm consumables only last about an hour cutting time. A guy can cut a lot in an hour, but that's about how long mine last. Gene

7. If the electrode tip and the cone that fits over it are burnt ,that will stop the arc -but if what you are saying is you have no air or sound s made when you trigger it-then you have a relay sticking or bad........

Mine is an older/220 Thermal Dynamics brand and it has a small clear cover on the main relay....it got sticky once and -I had to pop off the clear cover and blow the dust out of the relays points.....has worked for 5 yrs since that deal.....

8. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I will check everything out this week.Thanks guys!

9. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

My Miller 125c does the same shit......................dont know why!

10. jaybee

jaybee

You're all out of plasma. In most cities there's a place downtown where people sell it, you should be able to get some more there.

11. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

My Miller 375 cuts through just about any thickness. Best so far 3/4" thick plate. Wasn't a super claen cut like the thinner stuff but it did cut it in half.

Later,Bill

12. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

:D I may have to sell some plasma too to get this project built! :p I've given it some blood lately.