Register now to get rid of these ads!

Places to look for new radiator??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by andysdeuce, Apr 1, 2004.

1. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

A friend of mine just bought a '66 Fairlane GTA with the 390 and four speed. The top tank of his radiator is cracked and we don't know if it can be brazed or not. We have'nt had much luck finding a new radiator for it. Anyone have any sources or contacts for a new one??? I think he would rather have a new one rather than take a chance on a repair job.

2. tomslik

tomslik

vapheads gonna hate me [​IMG]

try him 1st for a US rad....

GTA with a 4 speed?

c'mon, which is it....

GT= 4 speed
    GTA=C-6 Auto...

usta have a GT 'vert in high school...
    manymanymany years ago...

3. Any decent rad shop can solder a cracked tank.
    Or try radiator.com

4. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Alright, I guess it must be a GT then because it has the factory four speed. Don't know much about that year Fords. I'll try vaphead first and then radiators.com. Thanks guys...appreciate the help.

5. Randy D

Randy D

Hi Don.. Did you try Steve Long?

6. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Not yet Randy. I'll try him this weekend. Thanks, I almost forgot about his shop. [​IMG]

7. lakesmod

lakesmod

8. I got one on-line recently from Global Radiator Distributing. http://www.globalradiatordist.com/ You can search by make and model or click their Products link and they show hundreds, maybe thousands, of pics of radiators with dimensions and inlet/outlet positions etc. I got one for my son's '52 Chev. It wasn't listed by model but I searched 'til I found a compatible size. Didn't know what brand we were getting but when it came I was surprised it was a Modine. Had to make a few very minor mods but it worked out great. Was really cheap, about a third of what I could find anywhere else, with free shipping. Ordered one day, it came the next.

I'm not affiliated with GRD in any way, just a satisfied customer.

Rodney

9. Mutt

Mutt

Labe's Radiator in Dayton, Ohio is where I had mine made. Labe or Jody can make anything you want - old style radiator shop and hot rodders. Labe held the A/R national record in '62. Don't have the address - they're out by Wright-Patterson AFB.