Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Pizza and Beer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brad2v, May 24, 2017.

1. brad2v

brad2v

Ryan's thread "Pick a winner" https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/pick-a-winner.1058671/#post-12013885 got me to thinking about a piece that Peter Egan wrote for Road & Track magazine several decades ago titled "Pizza and beer". The premise was that he had a friend who would equate the price of everything into pizza and beer. As in, a $500 TV set equals a lot of pizza and beer.
    Peter went on to do is own gearhead related version of the same. So, taking Ryan's $28k threshold, here's what I'd do just trolling the classifieds here on the HAMB.

City: Pataskala
    State: Ohio
    Price: $2000.00
    [​IMG] Here's a rusty '36 Ford Coupe body-floors and trunk rusted out and gone. Several metal pieces already cut for front floorboards. A lot of parts included-rough front fenders, grille , hood, running boards, radiator setup for SBC, extra dash, bumper irons, inner window moldings, and headlights. No rear fenders. Doors have window regulators but are missing latches. Has a repaired '36 frame-a couple of rusty spots repaired. It has a '36 rear axle and looks like a '35 front axle. Have a rebuilt set of mechanical brakes-also have a hydraulic brakes system ('41 mercury) that needs rebuilt. Asking $2000.00 OBO. No paperwork available for this project. More pictures available. Call or text me 740-975-zero zero six four
    ***********************************************************************************
    City: ankney
    State: Iowa
    Price: 1200
    old home built chassis 110 wb rear drums ross steering pulled out of a barn last week. or a twin set up.Was told its from Belmont Iowa. Plenty of room for a twin set up.
    $1200

• [​IMG]
    **************************************************************************************
    City: Detroit
    State: Michigan
    Price: 7500
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Chopped, channeled 32 5 Window. Former Michigan 60's drag car. Sits on 32 chassis (has been stretched). Clear Michigan title.

$7500
    Contact Tim 734-474-0752
    City: Pooler
    State: Georgia
    Price: 12,500.00
    I bought this wagon years ago and have had the 389 rebuilt, added front disc brakes (Scarebird), new rear brakes, new exhaust system, new tires and 1960's (torque thrust type) ET wheels. It also has air shocks on the rear.

So, after all of that, ...It has the following:
    Newly re-built 389 cu in engine (less than 4000 miles since re-build)
    Mad Dog headers
    New exhaust system w/2-1/2 inch tubing
    Aluminum finned valve covers. Different breathers are now on the car.
    Aluminum finned 4bbl air cleaner
    Holley 650cfm 4 bbl carb.
    Muncie 4-speed
    New clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing and throw-out bearing
    New brakes with front Scarebird discs
    Rebuilt rear drum brakes
    New brake lines throughout
    New brake master cylinder
    New proportion valve
    1960's (torque thrust type) ET wheels (15" 5x5) w/blackwall tires (95% tread).
    Air shocks on the rear.

Contact me at: [email protected]

If you are really interested in the car send your phone number and the best time to call. I'll will answer any and all questions at one time. Email conversations can go on and on and on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*****************************************************************************
    City: S/E Idaho
    State: Idaho
    Price: 3,500
    1939 Ford panel truck. It's a roller w/o motor or trans. It's not a clean one owner and comes with some rust, dents and dings!

All fenders are in need of some sort of repair or replace. The roof appears to be solid and not all caved in. Has rear cargo interior panels, front bumper and brackets, window regs and door latch mechanism.

Not pictured, but included are right side hood side, head lights/stands, interior header panel above windshield and maybe few other misc pieces/parts.

Restore, parts runner or leave body as is and slam for that "alternative" hot rod look!!! $3,500. Open to cash/trade offers as well....Shoot me a PM with questions or interest and we'll go from there!

Attached Files:

• a">
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    City: mahopac

State: New York
    Price: 3000
    Custom T bucket project with TONS of work done already. Powder coated custom box tube chassis with all mounts welded on, including; engine/ trans mount with stainless drop out, front and rear suspension, coil over and panhard mount. Threaded body mounts, brake mount and pedal, stainless steel brake lines run to the rear. The polished, reversed Corvair steering box is mounted, and has a custom made stainless drag link with new chrome tie rod ends.Frame is powder coated. New body with turtle deck has heavy wood structure and floor. pass door was made operational, suicide style, and is hinged and latched. Turtle deck has functional lid and is a tinned and boxed in trunk area. New custom made stainless gas tank fits under seat riser. Cut down mustang bucket seats are mounted on wood platform- cushions need to be cut down. Cast aluminum windshield posts house custom made window frames. There's serious quality work here and is a great jumpstart on on a winter build.

Attached Files:

• a">
    • [​IMG]
    Of course, I don't have the space, time, nor the 28 grand US to actually buy any of these. Never mind driving to Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, New York, Georgia, and Idaho to collect 'em all. And all the time and money each would require to even be anywhere NEAR the road (with the exception of the Poncho wagon). It's sure fun to dream though. What would you pick, if you had the space, and you were given $28k to spend in HAMB classifieds?

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. I would get the wagon. Lots of space for both cargo and people.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.