Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pix of '55-'57 Ford Gassers - the "other" Tri-Fives

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Just Jones, Jun 25, 2010.

1. tommy1969

tommy1969

got new wheels,and a new motor

Attached Files:

2. Just Jones

Just Jones

This is the car that got me interested in building a '55 Ford gasser, and start this thread as part of my research. I believe I first saw it on Byron's Gasser Madness page. Its an amazingly cool car, with history. Will love to see it finished.

Unfortunately, I've had a run of hard luck for the last several years and have to had to sell several of my projects, including my '55 Ford today. It was a very hard decision, but sometimes that is life. Ill look forward to seeing what everyone else posts regarding their projects and discoveries on this thread. Thanks for playing! Cheers to everyone and best of luck in your endeavors!

- Jones

Attached Files:

Besty34 likes this.
  3. Hate to hear that but sounds like you have the right outlook.

I have thought about selling m '55 Ranchwagon a couple of times in the past few years but couldn't bring myself to do it because the last one I sold was in '68 and I figure if I sell this one I'll be dead before I can get another.

So my long term project just gets longer and I fiddle with it when I can.

4. Just Jones

Just Jones

The new owner took delivery of my 56 today. Really bummed I wont be seeing this project through to the end. I really was looking forward to racing this one.

5. 58 Ford Gasser.jpg

scan0021-1.jpg

scan0022-2.jpg Anyone know what ever happened to this red Tudor sedan? Bitchen car!

BHoover likes this.
  6. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I hear ya man, it sucks when things work out that way, been there more than I care to remember. On the other hand, there's still more iron out there, we just gotta go for it when the hotrod gods smile at us. I intend to give up this passion/sickness/whatever about three days after I die.

7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

8. One of the guys here at work has been working on this one for a loooooooong time, including two different paint jobs. The rear shot showing the old Casler slicks is deceiving as the car has room for a
    "13-"14 tire. It'll have a healthy (600ish HP) 428 FE and Liberty Top Loader 4spd, and it also has a Dana 60 with 4.30's. He is a nut for detail
    and cleanlyness so it takes him awhile to get things done, not to mention
    He got married a couple years ago and now has two small children, so you
    know what that does to "quality garage time". Give him some inspiration, and tell him what ya think. 57 Ford dash.jpg

57 Ford Fairlane 500 pictures2.jpg

57 Ford Dana with Slicks.jpg

57 Ford with Americans4 .jpg

57 Ford with Americans5 .jpg

57 Ford with Caslers2.jpg

Rick's 57 ford dash.jpg

Rick's 57 Ford 6. jpg.jpg

Rick's 57 Ford 7.jpg

Rick's 57 ford 22.jpg

Ricks' 57 ford 23.jpg

BHoover likes this.
  9. couple shots of the old paint job, check out the headers Ricks 57 Ford.JPG

428 ENGINE PICTURES.JPG

10. STRAXLE

STRAXLE

Thanks Ric for showing off my Car. I have owned this Hard top since I was 15 years old and I'm 43. I'm building it myself in my spare time. The last it was on the road was 1989 when I was in College. Hopefully soon I'll have pictures of it at the track.

BHoover likes this.
  11. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

STRAXLE/..... Your 57 is one of the NICEST ones I have seen.....
    You inspire my desire.
    I rubbed on my 57 down in texas and am trying to haul her back in the late fall.

Just beautiful dude....

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Straxle your car is cool as hell! I really like that you're running the FE and toploader. What compression ratio and cam are you running if you don't mind my asking? The fine detail and awesome paint work is just more eye candy for us.
    I know of a '57 with a 289 and 4 speed over here that needs to be completely gone thru and your car really gives me a kick in that direction. I have a '70 429 on the engine stand that would fit rather nicely in there. hmmmm:D

13. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

A Crown Vic Gasser? Why Not! Looks like some crazy-ass thing I would build.:D Love this thread.

[​IMG]

14. There's a '56 on eBay right now that looks like an old racer. Has "B/GAS" on the side, but with a HEALTHY engine setback, had to have been an altered- or dragster-class (depending on the sanctioning body) car. I wish I had a lot of money....

15. STRAXLE

STRAXLE

Thanks I appreciate the compliment. Don't rub on yours too hard or you might beat me on getting our cars done.:)

16. STRAXLE

STRAXLE

Thanks i appreciate the compliment also. I'm running 11:1 compression with Aluminum heads on pump gas. Cam is a .590 .610 lift 255 260 @ .050 Crower solid lifter cam. There is nothing wrong with a 289 SBF engine. I believe the Gary Coe "Gunfighter" ran a 289 in his D atered 57 Ford. You can also stroke the engine. If you have the 429 run it, but make sure you get custom headers. Chassis headers suck for fitting on big engines, that is why I had Fender Well headers made for mine.:)

17. musclecars

musclecars

Here's one that is shown at the local car shows here in town.I believe this is a retired drag car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BHoover likes this.
  18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thanks for the info. I'm betting that with the drivetrain you're running, 11s won't be a problem and 10s with a deeper gear. Hope you post a video when this beast hits the track!

19. JP AUTOMOTIVE

JP AUTOMOTIVE

Heres my 57 ford gasser

Attached Files:

BHoover likes this.
  20. HANG ON SON! Everything survive ok?

21. Hey JP, the next time someone asks me why I like Gassers so much, I'm just gonna show em this photo!

22. teddyp

teddyp

love the burn out picture

23. Saw the write up in "Drag Illustrated". Awesome piece and the Boss is the cherry on top...:D

24. JP AUTOMOTIVE

JP AUTOMOTIVE

Bent the front axle is it. But was the third time that day i did that. So it lasted a few times. Done repaired and headed to atlanta dragway this weekend.
    Thanks for all the compliments:D

25. Normbc9

Normbc9

Here are a few. All Yblocks. Some 292's, 312's and 332's. All fast and some still run at the annual Yblocks Meet. With the heads done right they are still a contender.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

BHoover likes this.
  26. From what I know, your still sorting out new car bugs, whats the best she's run so far. One of the guys (HAMB name Straxle)at work is building this one with a nast FE and Liberty top loader. Rick's 57 ford 22.jpg

Rick's 57 Ford 7.jpg

Rick's 57 ford dash.jpg

27. This past August at our E.L.T.A. club shop party we had Bobby Dixion's Windsor based original 1957 Ford gasser show up packing it's good old injected 427 SOHC......it sounded so "bad ass".......lol.......here's a few pictures.

Attached Files:

exterminator and BHoover like this.