Register now to get rid of these ads!

Piston and paint road woes NEED HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by speedaddict, Nov 11, 2005.

1. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

Man, started the trip on a bad note. Got a flat 2 miles from home on my way to pick up a spare from BigDog (how Ironic). So I get the flat fixed on my way now the engine starts bogging and cuts out completely. Not sure whats going on with that. Its an HEI distributor. Not sure where to start looking. I still have time to get this fixed. Where should I start!!!

2. Elrod

Elrod

bogging sounds like a fuel delivery problem or advance problem. you said you've got an HEI distributor. Maybe you've got crap in your fuel filter.

3. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

get some starting fluid and spray a sqirt in the carb if it wants to run.... you got a fuel delivery problem..... if nothing .... then you've got and ignition problem

4. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

well thought I had it figured. Pulled the fuel line from the carb and turned the ignition to on position hoping some fuel would pump out... none. So I replaced the fuel pump (electronic). Started up right away. Started driving again and bogged 2 blocks down the road...Don't even have to step on the gas for it to start bogging...:confused:

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

Do you have a filter before the pump?

6. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

DammitDave came over tonight, some weird wiring stuff going on from the previous owner. We just bypassed his wiring to the fuel pump and ran the correct one according to Painless wiring diagram. Seems to work. We'll have to see tomorrow. Later guys. I'm off to bed and up at 5 in the am to head north! :D

7. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Thomas, that sucks. Hope you guys got it worked out. I'd hate to hear about you having to kick rocks while hoofing it down the shoulder for help.

BTW if you do breakdown, let me know where. I've been on the lookout for a sweet custom for cheap(free). LOL

GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN!

8. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

Kyle, I'm on my way out. If it breaks down, its for sale ;)

I figured out the turn of events. The front bumper bracket bolts on the passenger side flew off and into the rear tire it went causing the blow out AND damaging some very nice bodywork (gotta fix after the show). As for the fuel pump wiring, it was tapped into the electronic choke???? weird, but we got it straightened out and I think all is well...we'll see.

9. monsterflake

monsterflake