Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pipe dream wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KY Boy, Sep 22, 2006.

1. KY Boy

KY Boy

Before the subaru Baja came out I was toying with the idea of making a 4 door ute out of a early wagon. My step dad has a 68 chevelle wagon I could pick up. The wagon is in absolutely perfect shape but a microsoft paint version said the lines wouldnt look right. I was crusin the net and saw a 60 brookwood wagon and thought, BINGO there's the lines I'm looking for. Spent some time in microsoft paint (no photoshop at work). Anyone else think this is cool or am I just sick???

Attached Files:

2. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I've been shopping for an early Ford Crew Cab so I guess you aren't too sick. I love the utility of trucks but mine only holds three people. I've got the boat that holds all four of my family and need a truck that will too. I'm all for four door trucks. I thought about making a lincoln "ranchero" once out of a four door but I don't have that kind of time for a few years. I'm not sure I'd have the heart to cut up a cool old wagon though.

3. KY Boy

KY Boy

What year for you looking for? I know guy in central KY that has a couple late 70's. One is a 4x4 f250.

4. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I really want a 57-60 but I know of two 61-66's near my house that I'm going to look at this weekend. I don't want anything newer than that.

5. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

My honest answer? Yuck. I'd hate to see any wagon cut up. Both the 60 Brookwood and 68 Chevelle are good styles just as they are.

If your Step Dad is wanting to sell that 68, send me a PM.

6. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

The cool thing about a '60 Chevy is that you could use el camino body parts. Might be easier than it seems...

7. Squablow

Squablow

I don't know, I think when you're done, it's going to look like a four door with the trunk lid missing. Seems a shame to cut up a nice wagon too.

8. Eisenfaust

Eisenfaust
    BANNED

Couldn't you just sell the wagon to someone who wants one, pick up a nice 4 door and lose the deck lid?

9. KY Boy

KY Boy

thanks for the input gents. i really never thought I'd hear anyone complain about cutting up a wagon...two door maybe but not a wagon.

Corn Fed. I'll try to remember but I'm in vermont right now at northeast nats.

10. JamesG

JamesG

Don't mess up a good wagon.

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

i think the elcamino conversions are preety nifty, but yeah i wouldnt do the one youve pictures for the simple fact that is does/will look like a 4 door missing the deck lid. and even if you filled the trunk in like a bed or soemthing its still going to look like some redneck couldnt find a deck so he just made it a bed kinda deal.

if you could push the back in further so the lines are more "Extended cab" if you will instead of four door you just may be able to pull it off and still have room for four. those are preety big cars to begin with.

id say as long as youve got paint and photoshop to dick around with id realy encourage you to work with it and see what you can come up with because im sure theres a way to make it all work together and not look wrong

tim

12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

maybe like this, though id say look for a car that has more of a 61 back window were it over hanges so you wouldnt end up with quite so much of a 'coupe' look to it. sort of like the 60s gm trucks have the slant back line if that makes any sence

tim

Attached Files:

13. caddylakman

caddylakman
    from USA

uh yeah.. why don't you just put a mini truck bed in the trunk of a sedan, and take off the trunk lid. It'd be a hell of a lot easier, and ya wouldn't ruin a long roof.

14. farmboat

farmboat
    from Lucas, KY

Hey i've got a 64 4x4 pickup I really need to sell in decent shape. Will trade I want to start a new 38 pickup project.