Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pinstriped steelies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by footbrake, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Grow a backbone. What's the big deal? I'm sure if he would have stuck around through the little HAMB-hazing, his question would have been answered, but he decided to get all butt-hurt right from the get-go. If he would have stayed and defended himself or gave a little more explanation he'd be fine.

All you FNG/Newbie drama queens are turning nothing into a bigger deal then it ever should have been, and the guy was showin' disrespect by coming on a traditional board and opening his mouth before he knew what we were about, so he got what he had coming (which wasn't much at all.)

2. 1968

This was the correct reply to the question asked. This is the second thread I've read today that has me convinced that there are a disturbing amount of you old senile fuckers that need to get a life. I will take note of the negative replies, as your opinions, your thoughts and your input will hold no merit and mean nothing to me...now or in the future. I don't care how many posts you have or how much influence you THINK you have on the hotrodding community, you're a bunch of asses.

Jeff

3. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I hope he considers the source of the putdowns, and comes back.

4. Agreed-He was looking for suggestions not attitudes

5. Deuces

Deuces

6. lorodz

lorodz

cant we all just get along.....

7. 91Bear

91Bear
    from Boerne, TX

Funny, how you perceive a legitimate question as a source of disrespect.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

The next time you ask a question, I hope you get the level of respect you give to others (which wasn't much at all.)

8. All I can say is, Wow!

Everyone has to start somewhere, get off your high horse!

9. 117harv

117harv

To Strange Agent, the label fng/newbie means little if nothing to me. I see members here all the time that have been here for 6, 7, 8 or more years with that label posted under their avatar....still. I would bet that many older hotroders who have a wealth of info and know how have just recently decided to give in to the computor age. Being a new member does not allways make you a newbie:).

The OP did start two threads in as many days, i don't understand that:confused:. I too think the nicer approach would have been better. Some here send PM's to some who seem to need HAMB guidance instead of taring and feathering them for all to see. You only get one time to make a first impression. In his defense he did ask about the pinstriping only, not if we thought his car was cool or would look good with the striped wheels.

I hope he doesn't think all here share the same attitude as some of the posters. I have read on severall posts in the short time i have been here coments that the early HAMB years were even more brutal:eek:.

10. This really sucks! I saw this thread hoping I would get a little knowledge about something I have been contemplating for my early comet, instead this looks like the rants and raves section of Craig's list. Could some one please post some know how on this topic and salvage this thread?

11. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Who did I disrespect?

I wasn't the one who was doing the hazing, nor do I feel disrespected, but I felt that was part of the hazers' sentiment. I can see and feel things without having to be offended by them.

I understand you, join date is a good indicator for those types. My comment was directed toward those who seem to want to comment on recurring HAMB issues (our etiquette, etc.) and they haven't really been around enough to be discussing them.

I know being a new member on the HAMB doesn't make you an automatic FNG. If a guy came on here with a rad' and trad' '32 and asked the same question, do you think he would have been welcomed in the same manner? I highly doubt it.

I don't understand why everyone is getting so bent out of shape, the HAMB is like a group of buddies, of course some of the new guys are going to get razzed, it's a test to see whether the elitists think they'll stick around. It's ok with me, things would go to pot around here if everyone let stuff slide.

I'm going to digress now, I'm starting to rant about general HAMB issues and not the specific issue at hand.

The thing that gets me are internet vigilantes, they're a lot more than the internet bullies. You're seriously going to try to argue with every mean person on the entire internet? Good luck with that one. :D

12. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Come on already its a wheel with a pinstripe...do you really need a pic ? Just imagine its a wheel with a pinstripe on it. Boom done, shut er down now fellas!

13. He asked a simple question, and you guys didn't even give him an answer before you flamed him. He wasn't being a dick, didn't cop an attitude or come on here and and disrespect anybody. So, if he came on here with a complete piece of shit 50s car he would be "cool" and his question would be answered?

Read the dude's profile. He's been into cars since most of you "experts" were even born. He might have a very interested history with a lot of insight to share, but you guys chased him off.

Great F@ckin' Job!!!!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  14. jax59

jax59
    from nor cal

im still waiting to hear about pinstripped steelies

15. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I'd like to bypass all the drama and show a few pics with the striping in a little differant location.

Attached Files:

16. rougebeats

rougebeats

Oh yeah....pinstriped steelies. Thats what this was about lol
    Good call Philly

17. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Ugly thread.

As for pinstriping wheels, the ones the OP posted look a little tough to get a stripe around considering the hubcap placement and "open" area.

As for how to do the pinstripe, you can use a Beugler or similar pinstriping tool and go around the wheel manually or place the wheel on a paint can that is on a record player or similar "spinning" surface and at a low speed, apply the stripe in the pattern desired in the color desired.

Simple.

18. Deuces

Deuces

Ditto!!

19. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

I like them wheels.

20. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

I think the dude just wanted some direction. I happen to love s10's. Nothing wrong with liking other things. Let's all just be more sensitive to others. Kudos to the guys that posted pictures. Don't be mad, get glad. Don't worry, be happy. Mary had a little lamb.

21. Deuces

Deuces

It can also be done on a lathe before the tires get mounted....

22. peter johnson

peter johnson

Poor guy just asked a simple question about pinstripe wheels,this should be the perfect place to get an answer,would have been a cool thread if all the bitches hiding behind there keyboards were less negative!

23. footbrake

footbrake

Thanks for all the support guys, love the website and I'll just have to watch what I post from now on, so they won't get the wrong idea. Post again in 40 years? ha, ha, I don't think so, I'm 64 years young now, been racing since 1969.

24. Deuces

Deuces

Glad your still wit us!! :)

25. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

X 2---sorry you got trashed. Forty years experience is worth listening to---

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

it's a kumbaya moment for the newbs.... awww. :eek::p

27. ^^^^^:rolleyes: Mmmmmkay.......

Philly- Thanks for getting this thread back on track. I have always loved your work, by the way.

28. LowA100

LowA100

29. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Footbrake.. I apologize for the earlier post rubbing you off to the maliburacing.com site.. Were all friends here should be that way... Over at the bu site I am sbc78bu.... Tom....

30. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Found another one. I really like the look of this strip job

[​IMG].

few more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As i go through some of my show pictures I will look for a few more

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011