Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Pinky 57 borrowed time buzzard racing gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by earlsgarage, Sep 22, 2018.

1. earlsgarage

earlsgarage
    from Montana

So I really don’t know where to post the pics of my latest project I picked up I am calling it a gasser because I am building it to as close as I can 1964-6ish and if you don’t like that you can kiss my A$$ because if it’s between it running/driving and not because of one or a few era correct parts that I have trouble finding in my little town or not wanting to pay the crazy price for some of these era correct parts well I chose to drive my $#it buy the time it’s done it may be 100% it may not just have to see when I get to that point any way
    I picked up this pink 57 a few weeks back may have seen it on FB it ran the tracks in the NW US in the late 60s-70s idk they ran it in a few different classes back then but then it was parked tell the late 80s early 90s when the guy started rebuilding it so his wife could take over his 66 nova both of witch were pink because of her battle with Brest cancer that she ended up loosing witch is why the car never got finished into a more pro street style he was going for as that’s what was hot then any way I am taking it back to as close as I can get it to the way it was in the 60s he is working on getting me some old pics of when him and his dad were running it I am doing somewhat a gasser style with it but NO straight axle keeping stock suspension with lifted spindles I am putting most all the original sheet metal back in as far as the dash package tray inner rear fenders and floor it is all original sheet metal I got from another car I am not putting side glass back in as I just don’t want to mess with it and finding inner door skins has just not been feasible it’s getting some sort of SBC with an Edelbrock cross ram and holly 660s I have an old ford hood scoop 4 speed I am keeping the 9” in it for naw low back buckets and it will have a full interior and cage undecided on rims at the moment I am waiting for a old time to put together a package deal on some old race parts he had on his 57 back in the day and in that package I am trying to get a set of old small kidney bean sprint 15x4 wheels then that’ll determine what I run on the back or go with something different all together thanks hope you like the pics [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[​IMG][​IMG]

2. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice car..I agree..some of the vintage stuff is pricey..I dig the idea of lifting the front keeping the a arm set up..looking forward to following along on the build...good luck...

earlsgarage and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Nice, looks like all the stainless trim is pretty good too.

earlsgarage likes this.
  4. Cancer sucks. Sorry the guy lost his wife. Are you going to put a dash in it? Paint or primer?

earlsgarage and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. earlsgarage

earlsgarage
    from Montana

Yes I am working on one I just got off eBay I also got all original inner sheet metal package tray rear trunk floor and inner trunk metal and wheel wells out a parts car 4 door
    I am not sure what to do on paint yet I am not a pink fan but it’s got a good look and story with it and has gotten quite famous on Facebook and IG but I always pitched my race car a gold and orange scheme because my youngest 4 year old has been battling cancer as well for the last 2 years and gold is the color for all children cancer and she has leukemia witch is orange so idk if it was any other color then pink I would not question it but then I think if it’s done right has the right look I am 6’5 300lbs with a big beard so I don’t think people will give me to much shit pulling up in a patina pink ride this is the car that I got all the parts for mine out of I think it is done donating
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chevy57dude likes this.
  6. earlsgarage

earlsgarage
    from Montana

He used to have it lifted back in the day is why I want to go back to that

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Someone on the Hamb can tell us who makes the extended ball joint spacer thingamabob...that'll jack it up in front some..

earlsgarage likes this.