Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pinks All Out - I'm going to enter my 55 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ShakeyPuddin55, Nov 19, 2006.

1. teddyp

teddyp

good luck you will have a lot of fun keep us posted we are all rooting for you p.s.hit the flag guy i,ll buy beer and pizza :D

2. Ruiner

Ruiner

We're all behind ya Puddin...just don't hit the wall again :D I get a kick out of watching your car run on youtube, and I just showed my buddy the clips the other day and his jaw hit the floor...he said "I didn't think something that big could move so fast"...hahaha...show em how it's done man, and take a win home for everyone that's helped you get where you are...

3. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Good luck man, lots of good bracket racers on that show , gotta be on your toes............give em hell

4. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

If they don't pick your car, there's something really wrong with those guys. Or maybe there isn't enough cool cars running close to those times. I don't know if you'll win or not, but I can almost guarantee that your '55 will be the crowd favorite. That car just has it.

I think this is a cool format. Everybody runs hard because they don't know what time window will be picked.

I just got the speedtv channel last week and I'm looking forward to the "All out" shows. The regular Pinks doesn't seem that good, but I've only seen two.

5. Roadsir

Roadsir

You know I kind of like the new all out format.
    I really get a kick watching the vid's of your 55. It has such a throaty sound that's really unique..Is that from the headers? cubes? injection? Anyway super cool

6. erock805

erock805

I'll be there to watchya Shakey...kick some ass!

7. It would be nice to see you make some runs on the TV instead of the little You Tube. If they don't pick your car then they got their head up their ass! I don't watch the show because of the new junk and too much drama. Sounds like a better format now. Show them that the old 55's can still hang with the newer shit, and hopefully put em on the trailer! :D

8. SERPENT

SERPENT

Go Get Em Puddin!!!MAKE SURE AND TELL US WHEN YOUR RUNNIN WE,WILL COME SUPPORT...

9. HOOLIGAN350

HOOLIGAN350

Show 'em what Gasser means Puddin.
    Good Luck and hope everything goes your way.
    Supes

10. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Thanks Guys! I'm all loaded up and ready to go for tomorrow. :D

11. Gator

Gator

Good luck Brother, hope you blow their doors off!!

12. jerry

jerry

DAMN!

And I have to work tomorrow.

jerry

13. Can't wait to see what happens....Good luck buddy!!

14. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Good luck.. run 10 flat all day and you will be in. in the last episode, the one guy ran to fast 9.7 in the semi finals and was disqualified. so be careful. if you are chosen.

15. boones - they changed this meet to all 9 second cars. read the first post player!

16. Glen

Glen

I plan to run out there around 4 or 5, I dont think the gates open for spectators until late afternoon anyway.

Anyone need a race trailer? Shower, TV, Microwave, Stereo, fridge, blah blah blah.

[​IMG]

17. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

GOOD LUCK hope you make the cut!!!!

18. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

go for it!!! and keep us posted.......

19. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

good luck and hope you make the cut

20. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

How many 9 sec street cars do they have in Az....

21. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

well i'll tell you...we got an invite to race at gainesville here in florida,i thought thats cool!!!!,so we went up and we have a 67 chevy 2,it runs 8.20s but we did'nt tell them that...it is a street car and yes we do drive it around here in town....but anyway after 1 pass we was told that we were to fast for them and to leave........those guys are some real pussys...we ran the car on the motor and scared them i want to see some fast cars....maybe we will come out and play this time i''ll turn on the bottles and really show them a street car................give'em hell good luck ..................rooster:cool:

22. Do it to it! Hope all goes well!:D

23. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

When you win, do we have to wait for 5 months while the cut, edit, and generally screw around adding 'drama' to the whole thing before you can tell us?

24. hillbillyhell

hillbillyhell

Last time I talked to my buddies in Phx....a shitload of them. Those guys get to race all year, and take the drag racing pretty seriously.

25. Glen

Glen

They had a ton of cars, too many to eliminate down to a sweet 16 by running them they were running out time. They had hoped to finish at 7pm the entire program. They finally picked 32 cars that I heard were very close in time, put them in a barrell and drew 16 cars to make a final.

Wierd though.....3 of the cars were super gas and 1 was super comp? I thought that ruined the fun of the drag race. In the end a super gas car ran against an outlaw mustang.

26. any word on if he made it in?

27. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Well guys, I gave it my best shot but didn't get selected for the final 16. My car ran a 9.73 @ 133.5MPH, but the 16 picked were closer to 9.0.

I was really exicted and thought my chances were good. I had a crowd around the car most of the day. All day long people were stopping by and saying they thought my car was the coolest there and that they wanted to see it make the finals.

The PINKS crew interviewed all the drivers during the day and when they interviewed me, they didn't seem too excited about my 55.

The final 16 were nothing spectacular. Hell they even had a Hooters sponsored dragster. A dragster only running 9's?? And like Glen said, a couple Super Comp and Super Gas bracket cars. Some cars were detuned to run 9's and one made it in with a throttle stop, but then later got disqualified?? Another got thrown out for sandbagging. I really dont think the PINKS crew know what they want at this point. I loaded up and left so I didn't see the finals.

I guess I'm really disappointed since we built a 3000+ pound, old school style, straight axle door car that runs 9's ALL OUT, yet we didn't get picked for PINKS "ALL OUT".

Next stop.... HAMB DRAGS:D

Hey Glen, is that your rig? We were drooling over that thing when it drove by.

28. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Oh yeah, I have a couple of vids I will be putting up later. The first one was the 9.73 pass, and the second one was a hand start by Rich Christensen. It was againts a Super Comp car that I hole shotted for the win.:D

29. Bill.S

Bill.S
    from NW OH

Piss on Pinks, its a loss for their viewers of the show.
    besides my A, the 55 chevy is my most wanted and yours is one of the best.

30. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Just goes to show that there's no accounting for some people's taste. I'd guess those are TV guys, and not car guys.

Oh well, the video's you post here will probably be better than what they'd show on TV anyhow. And at least you got to make some passes and please the folks in the know.