Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pinched 32 frame 28 body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barn Hunter, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Hi -
    I have a 28 tudor that I'd like to put on a 32 frame. Unfortunately I have no welding skills, so my question is: which aftermarket company makes a good pinched 32 frame for my body. Would like any experience you've had and possibly pictures? Also when you build one of these, do you need a shortened or standard deuce shell? Thanks in advance.

2. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

What you really need is some welding skills to do that. Blackboard cutoms builds very nice and affordable frame. Hes also a great guy.

3. Hey barn hunter,

Give Gary a call at black board hot rods. He does great work and is cheaper then the rest, the only thing that will kill the price is the shipping. And for a 28/29 ford you will need a shorter 32 grille shell.

Taking the hamb to the streets ;)

4. Damn junkyard kid beat me to it haha

Taking the hamb to the streets ;)

5. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Thanks, checked them out on Google. Anybody have pics of completed (or nearly so) cars?

6. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

I am in the process of mounting my 29 sedan on a 32 chassis at the moment.I checked out a lot of chassis setups and ended up with a Kiwi Konnection chassis.Am very happy with it and it has a combination of Socal parts and Pete and Jakes.You do have various options,Pete and Jakes,Brookville,SoCal,Kiwi Konnection amongst a few.Check out the Alliance Vendors on here as you also get some great deals.Being on the West coast shipping was also a big consideration and Duane at Kiwi delivered it to my door so was very fortunate.

Attached Files:

• kk.JPG
      kk.JPG
      File size:
      160.9 KB
      Views:
    • kk5.JPG
      kk5.JPG
      File size:
      145.4 KB
      Views:
  7. Ralph

Ralph

8. Time to learn how to weld.

9. Ianjaylights

Ianjaylights

Building a frame is not the place I'd learn my welding skills. I'd second that for kiwi konnection. They build nice looking frames and will pinch for model A's

10. I got my frame from Gary Maxwell at Blackboard and I am very pleased. Talk to him about shipping. It may not be as bad as you think.

11. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

You need a standard height grille shell.. I would check with some shops within driving distance to you.. You could put the shipping cost towards the frame and any good rod shop could fix you up.. Get a couple estimates......

12. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

You want a standard height grill, but you need to cut down the sides so that the top of the grill is even with the cowl. The sides of the grill sit on top of the frame. Its a relatively easy operation, just trim a little at a time till it looks right.

Ionia Hot Rod shop built my '32 frame for my '29 roadster. I am very very pleased with it.

13. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

Gary at Blackboard. Built one for me already and I have two more on order with him, a very honest hardworking guy

14. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

You may want to check with Tim Davis at Clarke Hot Rods in Daytona Beach. He's a HAMBer so you could send him a PM...
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

15. Just as an fyi, if you do decide to go with gary maxwell at blackboard. He used to work at kiwi konnection, he wanted to make some minor improvements and they wouldnt let him so he left and started builkding close to the same frames for cheaper