Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pierson Bros or SO-CAL coupe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4eva4banger, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Okay? Who likes which coupe? The Pierson Bros coupe currently owned by Bruce Meyer or the SO-CAL coupe currently owned by Don Orosco?

Personally I prefer Piersons car as I feel that the chop was nicer and the finished car looked fast and very nasty!

2. i dont normally buy American Rodder (it`s normally shite imho) but i was flicking thru the sept issue at the newstand and they had quite a good article about the pierson bros and comparing the 2 coupes i gotta agree..pierson bros it is

monkey

3. The American Rodder article was the best look back on the Piersons and their car that I have seen in a long time

4. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Difficult choice. The Pierson car looks nastier (more agressive chop, and that big in-your-face nose). It appeals to me that it ran hubcaps and beauty rings, too, but its stance has always looked awkward to me. History aside, I think it would look better if it was lower in front and had taller rear tires.

The So-Cal car, with its first top chop, may be the better customized car: nicely proportioned chop, nose, and stance, but it's not as agressive-looking as the Piersons'. I don't much like the later, more radical chop.

Since we're talking competition coupes here, I think the nod has to go to the Pierson car: it's just more badass.

5. I agree with the awkward look of the Piersons. The SO-CAL chop doesnt look right when they enlarged (so it appears) the front screen.

6. D Picasso

D Picasso

Pierson!

because it's me-equipped.

Attached Files:

7. I like the artwork!

8. [ QUOTE ]
    but its stance has always looked awkward to me. History aside, I think it would look better if it was lower in front and had taller rear tires.

[/ QUOTE ] I've considered the same thing.I suspect styling took a back seat to aerodynamic drag.
    Performance was King,fast was cool.

9. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

What the heck is going on here 4eva? Are you sure you aren't a reincarnation of some real born-in-the-USA salt racer? I think from all your posts that you must have been. You know more about the "way it was" than most folks born right here in the land of the car freaks. But, to answer your question-I like 'em both and certainly would not be ashamed to have either parked in my garage.

10. O & K, I may only be 23 and Down Under but I have read every old hot rod book and magazine possible to get to know this hobby. I love traditional rods and customs and definitely land speed racing and nostalgia drag racing. Perhaps I am living in the wrong country?

11. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Unkl Ian, I agree. If it would go faster with a forward rake, no doubt it would have looked that way. Land speed cars generally seem to be set up with a level stance. My "awkward" comment was purely aesthetic.

12. Chrisman Brother coupe is numero uno in my books.I've sat in the car,INSANE!your nose is bout 3 inches from the windshield and the HEMI is bout 3 inches from your spine!Art did 200MPH in the thing,NUCKING FUTS.........Shiny

13. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

Pierson Bros. all the way

14. DrJ

DrJ

I haven't checked the books lately... Does ether one of them still hold any records?
    They're race cars...
    Which ever one's the fastest is the purtyest.

15. Yes the Chrisman car is dead on bitchin - so is the Jack Chrisman Tudor

16. pikesan99

pikesan99

I've always like the Pierson Bros... looks fast standing still.

17. metalshapes

metalshapes

I love the lines of the Chrisman Coupe. How hard would it be to build an Air Cooled SBC ? So you could run it on the steet ?

18. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

19. metalshapes

metalshapes

Less chop? HELL No !

20. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

hehe well if i was going to drive that on the streets i sure would like a little more headroom like atleast 1-2"

21. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

You certainly must be reading up on all the old stuff, as you really do appreciate the "way it was". I wish that you wee closer to New York than you are in NZ as I have a shitload of old mags (I started collecting about 1956 and really collected earnestly since about 1958) that I am looking to do something with. I thought about putting them up for auction on eBay but, I just can't get to the point of doing it. If I had some youngun' such as yourself, I would be proud to transfer ownership to such a person knowing that the mags would be in good hands and that the tradition would carry on. I have nearly 4000 mags at last count and that's a crap load of paper which is extremly heavy. Incidentally, each mag is stored in it's own plastic baggie. I did this the last time I organized them. So, I've got an idea, why don't you move to the good ole USofA and we'll work something out on how I can get them into your hands. Simple, right! But, if you stay in Kiwi paradise, keep spreading the word!!!

22. I am working on that living in the US of A thing. That is a very generous offer of the old magazines. Thank you!

23. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

old and krusty. I send you a PM

24. I tell you, it would be neat for either the Pierson, SO-CAL or Chrisman coupes be made into street versions!

Also what would be neat is a Bonneville styled roadster for the street!

25. metalshapes

metalshapes

The Chrisman Coupe is one of my top 3 fav. Hot Rods , so I have been thinking about it. The car has no air intakes exept for a little one on the roof, that would be a problem for a steet driven water cooled car . But I have a set of '40 hoods, just in case.....

26. I would be inclined to either mount the radiator in the trunk with an air vent in the rear above the trunk or make up some ducting going through the belly pan. Perhaps even some ducting from up front - as well hidden as possible. It would not be a restoration just a street clone so you could take some licence to even incorporate some of the 40 Deluxe grill parts in the front?

27. metalshapes

metalshapes

To me, the lack of intakes is to much a part of the karacter of the car to screw with. So that eliminates all watercooled engines. I think Scat made a cilinderhead for a big flat 4 that used SBC bore and stoke , What if you would use 8 of them, with 8 Scat barrels, Chevy crank , etc. to realy make a Air cooled SBC? Or just drop a Porsche Carrera Turbo in the middle of the thing and be done with it.....

28. That sounds a little unusual. How would you make either of the suggested engines sound like a nasty Chrisman built Ardun or Hemi?

29. metalshapes

metalshapes

You could not make it sound that good .

30. We got a problem then. You gotta be able to try and replicate the whole package I would imagine. Must of sounded bitchin at Pebble Beach!