Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pictures from the willys home run/sunday Niagara drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moparron426, Aug 1, 2010.

1. moparron426

moparron426

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

Sweet thanks for posting

3. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Thanks for the pics! Very nice!

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks for the pics!!! I'm sorta digging this one! If it were mine I'd have bias plys and 8.20 cheaters out back!
    [​IMG]

5. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Cool pictures, anymore of the blue 33 Willys?

6. screwball

screwball

the white fairlaine was running up here in Shannonville last weekend.

7. SLEDRZ

SLEDRZ

This one?
    [​IMG]

8. moparron426

moparron426

or this one...:cool:

[​IMG]

9. How did Jim Oddy's car run?

10. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Very cool. Looks like a fun race and show.

11. SLEDRZ

SLEDRZ

12. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

That be the ONE! Very cool car.

13. moparron426

moparron426

this is the only other picture I have of Oddys new car, don't know how it ran, but I'm sure Jim has it running good....

[​IMG]

14. Oddy's 33 willys SOLD on Saturday to a car collector in Canada.

Rick
    ===========================================

15. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Thanks for the pics.....love the color of Oddys coupe...

16. moparron426

moparron426

this is the car I think of with Oddy, blown Hemi 48 austin
    this car was my first street rod back in 1976. still love that car

Attached Files:

17. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Thanks again, I love the 33-36 coupes!

18. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Attendance was down, probably 1/2 the drag cars from years gone by, street driven cars for the Buffalo Clutch Artists show on Sunday was less and obviously the gate entrance was down...

Now the good news, next year the event will be the following weekend, Saturday and Sunday (August 5 & 6, 2011) at Empire Dragway, south of Rochester N.Y. Too bad the powers to be destroyed a great event, which took many years to build. I think the move to Empire Dragway (or what ever the new name is) will be a great move....

19. moparron426

moparron426

I use to run at Empire back in the day, I plan on making it back east next year to run my truck at this show:cool::cool::D

20. Ha ha you're quick Candy-Man, that's the weekend being favored but was just a table discussion when I was there.
    I for one can't wait for the event to move out of Lancaster and grow to a much better thing. You know my feelings on this after the b.s. on Saturday they gave me.
    Empire used to host 700 cars down that track back when they were running the Nationals there. It's a way better track, return road, and facilities for sure, plus they allways treat the Gasser Gang and series well.

21. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Couldn't agree with you more Phil.

Our friends who meet us at the track were not permitted to drive into the grounds with their Deuce three window on Saturday as there was NO ROOM, according to the track staff.....

Just like your hot rod which was your tow back car for your drag car, why wouldn't the track want the fans to see a 'T' roadster towing your drag car..... Oh well, it will be much better next year.....

Again Phil, thanks for all your help....

22. That's the problem, that track doesn't care about anything but lining their pockets,just look at it. I say good riddance !

23. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

I've been going to Lancaster for the Home Run for many years. I always looked forward to it as it was thee gasser event to attend. The atmosphere this year was very cool to say the least. The excitement of Sunday Niagara weekend was just a shadow of what it once was. I hope next years event can reclame what the Willy's Home Run once was.
    In reguards to the track being greedy? One racer who came with his wife and children for the weekend was charged $6.00 for their 7-8 month old baby to get in the event. Maybe it's me but I always thought small kids got in free to many events. Just found it questionable and I can understand the racers frustrations.
    on another note it was great to see some old friends and spend the day watching some cool gassers with my Dad and brother.:)

24. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

" charged $6.00 for their 7-8 month old baby to get in the event "

Absolutely terrible, that is beyond greed... Love to hear the response from the track on this.....

25. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Is the Willys Home Run going to make a comeback? Or is going to be a big nostalgia race with classes for the Gassers. Inquiring minds want to know. Either way sounds like it could be a good thing.

26. x2!!

27. How did you car run Candy-Man, too bad they killed a kool event.

So what will happen at the new track, and details yet? Will there be a show on Sunday or just racing all weekend, both are kool!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  28. No details yet, still sorting it out, they are looking into the rights of the names and are planning ahead. The confirmed dates are not set but are looking at early August as Candy-Man has suggested.
    The car show part has been put on by the Clutch Artist (Buffalo's oldest club) and most likely will not run a show out of the area. So as far as a show goes that's up to the track owners and whoever decides to step up and organize it I recon.

29. moparron426

moparron426

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  30. Candy-Man

Candy-Man