Register now to get rid of these ads!

Picture Request: Traditional Mopar Big Block FED/Altered Aluminum Water Fill Necks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zig Zag Wanderer, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

ok, an esoteric subject to say the least, but i'd like some more visual input before fabricating something if anyone has anything.

in those days they ran wet blocks; not filled, so the water pump ports were usually utilized on B-RB engines as a fill point. problem is, it gets crowded there when a blower drive is added.

heres a couple of injected Wedge engines...nice & simple, see?

the yellow engine was on the cover of PHR 7/65
    i love the twin cast filler necks, Moon or Donovan maybe? im guessing Moon because of the cast bosses tapped for the water temp probe/gages

the black engine is of the Harley Doubet/Chuck Burt Wild Wedge Altered from Peoria (Chuck's photos i think, lifted from the HAMB thread on the car)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok....

now add one GMC 6-71 huffer and accompanying drive parts and things get hairier....

Tony Nancy...note that there is hose & fittings connecting the 2 sides. wish i could see more of this setup

[​IMG]

thoughts anyone?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  2. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

Merry Christmas and BTT

ok, i found out that the cast aluminum fills in the top photo are early Mickey Thompson

i stole these from the Vintage M/T Parts thread.

[​IMG]

i now believe Milodon made similar fills but have no photos

would also like to see some pix of fills in the front of the heads

pictures of water fills on blown 426 iron hemis in fuelers and altereds in the 1965-1972 era would also help as well

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013