Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of some really great tin from the auction today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironhunter, Sep 14, 2007.

1. ironhunter

ironhunter

I have never seen this many unrestored and solid vintage cars in one place!
    Check out these; 28-29 Roadster, RPU, and AA truck. For you Bowtie fellers, how bout this row of 20's Chevies? Already have good patina and ready for a V8

Attached Files:

2. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Wow, I wish I would have known about that!

What price range did most of those cars go for?

3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

WHOA!....didn't you write down what some of it sold for?

Would be curious to compare auction prices from a recent auction here.......

4. How much were they gong for?

5. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

wow, Ive never seen so many solid vehicles in one place.

a lot of those are ready for *gasp* restoration

6. ironhunter

ironhunter

Really solid and boiling over with parts to put it together, this Dodge Bros. touring would be an easy builder for a unique little rod.

The Model A had seen better days, but what was left there was thick enough to build on

Attached Files:

7. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

By the way, that Chevy phaeton and black 2-door have my name written all over them. :D

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

9. ironhunter

ironhunter

Most of the ones in the previous pics dont sell till tomorrow or Sunday. The cars in the following pic are selling today. Most are bringing anywhere from $200 to $1K. The highest one so far that I know of was a 64 Impala vert that brought the grand. It had no floors and been sitting in the field for probably 20 years or more.

There are two rows about 1/4 mile long each, all dragged from his fields and woods. I was standing bout midways of the row when I snapped this shot

Attached Files:

• yard.JPG
      yard.JPG
      File size:
      29.7 KB
      Views:
  10. ironhunter

ironhunter

Man, I'd love to see some of you guys get some of these. That AA truck is really nice, as is the roadster and RPU. EASY builders!

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

12. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

$1K MAX?!? ARE YOU KIDDING?

Is the auction over?

13. ironhunter

ironhunter

I don't know if its a good indication of what will go on Snday when a lot of the cool unmolested cars will sell, but the tirekickers appeared more interested in the 50 and 60s cars than the 20's and 30s barn tin.

14. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Are all of the 20's and 30's cars going to the block later this weekend?

I wish I could bid, but I'm all the way out here in Western Canada. :(

15. ironhunter

ironhunter

They are supposed to finish selling the field cars today (the ones bringing 200-1000. Tomorrow is the nice, big money restored cars. Sunday is the barn cars.
    Take a drive man. I got extra beds for HAMBers, just 10 miles from the auction

16. That stuff is going on the block Sunday....:eek:
    My .02---Sunday's stuff is the best(unless you like low-mile barges---that's tomorrow;) ) Today's fare looked like rustpiles with some stainless attached:D
    That IS the Howard Brandon stuff, right Ray?

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit ..any willys? dam i wish i didnt have shit to do this weekend

18. ironhunter

ironhunter

Yeah, there is a Willys coupe there...really. Rusty, but its still a Willys.

Here is some of tomorrow's stuff. I didnt take any pics of the barges or the museum pieces from the 50's...no interest. I want the Sunday cars!

Yeah man...this is the Brandon cars

Attached Files:

19. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Too bad I can't bid over the phone or something. Haha.

20. Brandon was famous for rolling the miles back on cars. If I was hung up on buying a low mile car, that auction would stress me out.

Of course, if I was just going to hack one up.... which I probably would... who cares. I wish I could have gone today with 5K in my pocket.

Good luck Ray.

JH

21. TT66'

TT66'

22. TT66'

TT66'

Holy Cow!!:eek: Freakin cars everywhere!

They say low miles.....that's funny.

23. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

AHH, I want to bid so bad. :( :D

24. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Wow!!My elbow is going to be sore this weekend!!!

25. ironhunter

ironhunter

Bid, man, bid!! Call'em up and register to bid over the phone. If you buy something and need it picked up and stored' lemm know. I have room inside on concrete and will store a car or two for HAMBers.

Whats really sad is the ones they aren't auctioning. There are several T's, A sedans, a 26 Buick sedan, and a couple others that I can't identify sitting in the woods that they couldnt move. Too rusted and falling apart. I'm trying to buy the 26 Buick anyway, but he was too busy to give me an answer yesterday. The sheetmetal is in pretty bad shape, but the absence of the wood has made it really look bad. Most of what is rusted away can be easily wheeled out and fabbed. If I can't get it bought, it's no great loss, I guess. It's not like I need another project or anything...
    Ray

26. alsancle

alsancle

Here is the Willys.

Attached Files:

27. ironhunter

ironhunter

It didnt look much better out in the field. I think it brought like $350. The most expensive car yesterday ended up being a 56 New Yorker with a complete and free-turning 392 Hemi. Brought $2K.

One guy we know bought 92 of the cars yesterday for $25-300 each. You guessed it...he's a scrapper and going to start crushing them Tuesday. he is allowing parts to be taken off (for a reasonable fee) as long as the cars are sittin at the site. I'm going up there later today and getting the headlight pods off a 61 Imperial. Maybe some other stuff if I can find anything I want bad enough to fool with it. Gotta check on a few pieces and parts for some others that have asked.

One of the cars was a 65 442 Olds 4-speed car. tranny was gone, but the engine, bellhousing and pedals was still in it It brought ( I think) $400.

28. ironhunter

ironhunter

I bought this car this morning. 57 Hawk with 289-4bbl and T85 tranny. Body is shot, but it's crammed full of S2D and Mustang parts. Coldn't pass it up for $150...heheeh

Didnt come from the auction, but from a fella I met there yesterday while walking through the cars

Attached Files:

• s2D.jpg
      s2D.jpg
      File size:
      109.1 KB
      Views:
  29. ironhunter

ironhunter

I'm headed up to the auction now to take off some parts. If anyone has a need of anything that you know was in the auction (the rough parts cars) gimme a call in the next couple hours and I'll see if I can buy it for you and ship it to ya. I bought the Imperial headlight pods for $40. A steal in my book, since the last pair I saw sell went for $300. Hard as hell to get a pair of those in hand. They look wicked as hell on a traditional hiboy.
    My number is 270-293-7830

30. ironhunter

ironhunter

Well, I bought some stuff. Got the Imperial headlight pods, of course, and the remains of a Model A with serial number that titleable. Other stuff I bought was a 46 Ford car rear and a 41 Ford frontend with springs, bone, brakes, and hubs/drums.

Attached Files: