Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of Nose Art on your cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RGV OldCars, Sep 9, 2009.

1. I, like many of you, am a big fan of early aviation nose art from early bombers, fighters, and such and love the concept when well executed on hot rods as well. Anyone have any pics of your nose art to share?

2. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

This was done by a HAMBer for our Airstream

Attached Files:

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

It was on my truck when I bought it. I planed to remove it but black stockings and garter belts drive me nuts. I just couldn't do it.:)

4. On my Duece Roadster

Attached Files:

5. How about trunk art? Always wanted to put a caricature on the rear deck lid of my '55 Victoria, but to please my wife it'll probably be "Li'l Red" or Herbie Husker (it's a Nebraska thing, plus it was my driver when I went to school in Lincoln in the '80s). But after talking with my nephew's triple road kill scores over the weekend the thought of pheasants, raccoons and deer a'la painting swastikas or meatballs below the cockpit, or bombs, ships, etc., is becoming appealing...

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

wonder if this is going to be the new cry baby doll

7. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it already is. :)

8. Swifster

Swifster

I like nose-art too, but I think it needs to be on the right car. Just me personally. OK on a duece, but weird on a '50's or '60's car.

9. Will this work? Its not on a car but art is in the eye of the beholder.

Attached Files:

10. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Maybe nose art of a cry baby doll.

11. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

Nope....Crying baby dolls are just a stupid gimmick....Nose art is just that....Art, whether people like it or not

12. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Sorry I don't get the connection between WWII nose art and cry baby dolls? Except to make fun of someones car for no constructive reason. I don't take it personally because I'm not extatic about mine either but nose art on hotrods is very traditional.

13. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

In the late 50's, at least in some parts of the mid-west, it was popular to have small logos put on the lower front fender, just in front of the door.

One that always stood out to me is a all black 58 Impala with a black and white interior. On the lower front fenders he had a pair of dominos in sort of a V over laping each other, a 4 and a 3. His car was always nicked named "Domino".

Most everyone had some sort of little logo on their rides. Not so much the nose art of a woman in a provocative pose as on WW II airplanes, but of the same idea. Giving your ride a name. Hell,, don't we still give our rides a name? (No you can't put on the side of your ride, going down the road M'er F'er):D

Another that was big back in the day was spider webs. Either covering the whole trunk, or on the hood, depending on the car. Mine...I had the spider web around the antena, with the spider moving to the center. Whoop-T-Do.:rolleyes: But that's what was the big deal back then.

I wouldn't consider that in the same league as the cry babies, or other crap that's left on the seats or under the wheels of cars at those, park and sit chainer gatherings today.

HellRaiser

14. Nose or trunk art is cool as hell...95% of the time, anyway. There is some pretty lousy "art" out there to spoil things. It can certainly enhance the look of the right car, without a doubt.

I know this doesn't qualify as "art", but I've had my name and my wife's name above the door handles on my Coronet since 1985, and it's something I like; whether someone else does or not, I don't care. Guess nose or trunk artwork would fall into the same category.

15. 31fordV860

31fordV860

On 31 Coupe Cowl..

Attached Files:

16. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

trunk art

Attached Files:

17. Firepig

Firepig

Did you say "Nose Pics"? How about this one of my grandson?

[​IMG]

18. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Rich or as you know him better Whitewalltires did this for me. I couldn't be happier.

Attached Files:

19. Sonny Depalma

Sonny Depalma
    Member Emeritus

Here is some nose art I did on the hood of a new car.

Attached Files:

20. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

I like the picture but really confused its a ww2 inspired pinup with a peoples car eblem in the same painting with an american bomb!

21. nice work