Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of my '62 gasser project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by novas4life, Mar 15, 2009.

1. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

Mmmmmm Dana 60.......Bet your girlfriends car will blow the doors off anything you got:D That chassis looks fantastic nice work man

2. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

I actually am hoping that her car will be faster than mine(for now).
    My street legal '67 only runs 9.60/70's.
    [​IMG]
    Brandon

Kevs56 likes this.
  3. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

"Only 9.60s/'70s"? Thats like saying Megan Fox is kinda cute.:rolleyes: It ought to be interesting to see both cars in a heads up run.

4. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Got some tin work done this weekend. Its all just very roughed in.Once I get all the peices in,I'll do some better finish work.Some stuff turned out nice,some....not so nice. This stuff takes a real talent and I have a new found respect for you guys that can do it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brandon

5. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Little more tin.
    [​IMG]
    Brandon

6. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

HECK YEA!!!! Portland swap meet was good to me!
    I have not found any company that makes a 1 peice 'glass nose that isnt all 2011 styled or with a flat hood.I was going to get fenders and a flat hood then fiberglass them together.
    But just as I was about to leave the Expo center..................HECK YEA!!!
    [​IMG]
    I also scored these M/T valve covers.Looks like they'll clean up nicely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (BTW..those are not the heads I'm using)
    Brandon

7. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

Looks like youve pulled some good stuff out of the portland swapmeet. The shifter and now the front end. Nice.

8. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

Back in the day tires weren't what they are now but even the pro's abandoned the muncie 4 sp for top loader or Liberty's. If you use drag slicks or drag radials you are going to say bye to the muncie in a heartbeat. Any HP and traction combination will shuck those gear teeth or worse. I vowed never to blow up an expensive muncie ever again when the cluster gear blew out of the bottom of the case at Pomona Super Chevy. Also make sure clutch and flywheel are the very best. I also had a Hays pressure plate explode inside the Lakewood scattershield at Fontana. Madman with a 4 speed.....

All this in a tube frame 1966 Chevy II except no straight axle. With 4 speed at that time ET in 9.80-90's

Now with PG and a little more HP turning 9.40's.

9. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

The muncie case is just for mock up. Were running a 'glide with a brake.
    Brandon

10. this thing is gonna be the tits! that induction set up looks sinister as hell. kick ass build.

11. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

Got it on the trans...

Nice workmanship and love the car. Looks fast standing still.

12. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Little more work on the tin. I think its time to slow down and really go back and do some finish work. Its starting to get sloppy.I may just do several peices over again.
    [​IMG]
    Brandon

13. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

So,dosent look like much....but took me all weekend. I did'nt like the other trans tunnel I started,so I started over.
    The tunnel is removable so I can access the trans easier for service.
    The darker metal just foward of the drive shaft loop is 1/8" plate. I was worried in the event the u-joint explodes the location could throw shrapnel at the arms or body.
    [​IMG]
    Brandon

14. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

15. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

WOW! Ive heard some "Horror Stories" about drives shafts,but that one is about the worst!
    Brandon

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

17. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Got the floors in.Still have to do the toe kicks.
    [​IMG]
    Brandon

18. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Well now that all the peices are cut and roughed in. I pulled the trunk peices and wheel tubs and started to do the "finishing" work. The tubbs are done and welded in and I made the "cup pockets" for where the shocks come through the trunk.
    [​IMG]
    Brandon

19. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Man, I work slow and Ive come to conclusion that I kinda suck at this.But heres a little more finish work on the tin. Should look a lot better once I finish grinding and sanding. Then seam sealer and primer. But never the less,Mamma wants upholstry anyway,so why dose it matter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I still need to make peices for the rear passenger panels.
    Brandon

20. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Got a little more done. I made the passenger panels,welded in the tin peices and got seam sealer on. Also finished the removable trans tunnel and made seat mounts.
    In case anyone was wondering,yes, it will have door bars,I just havent installed them yet so I can crawl in and out 1000's of times easier.
    Brandon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

OK LEAF SPRING WHEELIE BAR UPDATE. I BACKED IN TO A CURB AND BENT ONE 2in LOWER THEN THE OTHER. WITCH SIDE DO YOU THINK IS LOWER????????

Attached Files:

22. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

Heres a shot of the wheelie bars strighten out..

Attached Files:

• DAN.jpg
      DAN.jpg
      File size:
      142.5 KB
      Views:
  23. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Yea,I saw the pics with it pulling to one side on another thread and was wondering what was with that..........now I know:eek:
    Love your car Treeserv
    Mabey a pic of how you mounted the springs under the car.I have ideas,but would like to see how you did yours.
    Brandon

24. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Well,got the pilimanary structure for the tilt nose built.I have some fiberglass to metal bonding stuff.I have the nose just sheet metal screwed on to the structure right now for mock up and fitment. Tara and I were going to trailer the car to a local car show so we mocked up the motor too. To bad it was raining to much to take a bare metal car out.
    But here are some pics.
    Brandon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Made tabs on the nose structure for the grill and mounted the filler panel and grill today.
    This is my '63 grill for mock up. I'll be using the '62 later.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brandon

26. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

I decided to use for the lower portion of the nose peices from the steel fenders.
    Im on my way soon to a 4x4 store to get some Jeep hood hold downs to use for latching the nose.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brandon

27. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Now the nose peice is VERY used,and dosent fit quite right.I will have to build up an edge to close the fender to door gap.I'll do that when I glass in the structure

28. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Got the steering box mounted up and shaft.Still need to add two more steering support heim joints. One toward the end of the colum and one under the steering wheel.
    I made the steering shaft about 4 inches longer,because with the wheel at the stock location it kinda hits your knees.So Im also using a removable wheel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brandon

29. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Thought I'd throw in a pic of my dog sleeping this morning.(I know you guys get a kick out of him)
    [​IMG]
    Brandon

30. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Loaded up the car and took it down to the "Big Shindig" in Vancouver,Wa.
    Thought I would bring it down so my buddies could see the progress on it so far.
    The wife(oh yea,were married now),really enjoyed having it out and showing it off.It is her ride after all.
    Brandon
    [​IMG]