Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of 32 33 34 Ford Truck Grill on Coupe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toad611, Nov 22, 2013.

1. toad611

toad611
    from Tennessee

Does anyone have pictures of 32 - 34 ford truck grills on Model A cars.

2. I have a truck grille on my 32 if that helps you..

IMG_1169.JPG

3. What makes you think it's a truck grill?...What year? HRP

4. Thats what the guy I bought the car from told me..:confused:

However I guess you will be proving him & me wrong ???

5. Two things I know for sure about this grille is, (1) the grille insert is not removable from the shell. And (2) the previous owner had cut the complete grill down some.

6. 34 truck grille on a 31 ( not a coupe)
    I would think it be easy to find pics of a 32 truck grille on an A.
    The 33-34 truck grille is ALOT thicker than the 32 and sits back at an angle vs the 32 being straight up. Its really not a lean as in "top back" its more " bottom forward lean" The radiator sits all the way to the front and gives a couple more inches under the hood.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  7. Front

Attached Files:

8. Close up,
    Since this pic-
    After some finagling and fighting for that inch, the stock A hood fits as it should with a blown hemi. The hood did need a tapered sliver added to match the lean of the 33-34 truck grille

Attached Files:

9. ...

Attached Files:

10. That is not my intent..I don't recall ever seeing a deuce pickup grill with a stainless band around the insert. HRP

Up close view of a 1932 commercial grill shell.

[​IMG]

11. Possibly a modified '33 Grill shell since the insert is not removable and they did have a stainless band.

I learn something every day.

12. I can't be the only one haha

13. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

I'm actually lookin/askin' same question. This ones just sittin up on my 30 on 32 frame. I didn't even know wether its 33 or 34 truck/commercial grill. But I will be interested in previous & future pics of hood sides & mounting.
    Some prefer car grill, I like thickness & angle of truck, for my preference.

Attached Files:

14. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Ok, granted not a coupe but this my absolute favorite car that's running a truck grill.

[​IMG]

Seems like a guy keen on keeping the weight of his jalopy down would be hip to the truck grill...since it doesn't have an insert its gotta be a lighter option. JohnnyA

15. I guess you never picked up a commercial shell and a passenger grill shell at the same time.

I'm sure there is not a lot of weight difference but I would think that the all steel truck shell verses the steel shell with a aluminum insert would be slightly lighter then commercial shell. HRP

16. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Hmm, nope never picked one up. I guess I assumed that since the truck grills are one piece they'd be lighter. Sooo, if its the 40's or 50's there's almost no reason to use a truck over a car unless you liked the look better or you couldn't find/afford a pass car grill. The latter seems unlikely considering they were junkyard parts and could be gotten with relative ease. JohnnyA

17. hallrods

hallrods

I have one on a Dodge

Attached Files: