Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pic request: carbs on 2" riser blocks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoyalCrown32, Dec 18, 2006.

1. RoyalCrown32

RoyalCrown32

I have an Edelbrock OL 396 3x2 intake for my Rocket Olds and I'm thinking of putting the carbs on 2" riser blocks. But I have no idea what it will look like with those risers. And will the risers have any effect on the engine's performance?

2. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

I'm consider them too on my 6 duece nailhead....Love to see some pics also

3. swifty

swifty

Flatoz made some 3" and 4" risers and ran them on his flathead in the 32 roadster awhile ago. He was trying to make out that his Fenton was a Thickstun PM7 then he fitted a Thickstun air cleaner on it. The top of the cleaner was level with the radiator support rods.

I have a side shot of it that he posted when he switched from the red 15's to the white 16's but I can't post pictures but could e-mail it to you if you want.

4. Dirty2

Dirty2

I think mine are 3"

Attached Files:

5. Here's the pic Swifty was talking about.

[​IMG]

Doesn't answer the question though. How will it run?

Flatoz ended up putting a blower in his car, so clearly it wasn't that good. ;)

6. Dirty2

Dirty2

Mine runs fine.

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Looks will depend on who's riser you use. These are either real old or home made.
    [​IMG]

As found. I personally don't like these. If they closely followed the intake and carb base, I might feel differently.

8. swifty

swifty

Was just reading a post that Kilroy made where he states that Jerry Jobe said to stay away from hi-rise manifolds with todays fuels as they tend to de-atomise in the risers. I don't think Flatoz had any problems but he was just trying to fill the engine bay until he got the blower installed.

9. Ole don

Ole don

To answer you question about "how will it run", look at the length of the runners in any modern EFI powered engine. The runners are very long in most. To get a higher "look", try this. I used cheapo Rocket brand air cleaners, they only have a top and a bottom, with a small paper filter in between. I dont remember the year, but I believe the very first K car had a paper filter that fit the Rocket base, but it was six inches tall. Three of them look good with a crhome top in an open engine bay.

10. 53SledSleeve

53SledSleeve

I know he's got a lot of mixed emotions on here, but try Charlie Price at Vintage Speed. I was checking out risers yesterday on his site. He's got several varieties. I know a lot of people absolutely won't use him, but I've had good luck with him and his stuff. Never talked to his wife though, I heard thats a treat.

11. 3pedal

3pedal
    from Dracut, Ma

I tried to get a picture of my version of a slingshot intake in here but couldn't figure out how but go to www.lakesheaders.com and check out his stuff. There is a picture of it there. He can help you come up with something way cooler than 2" risers if you want plus he has the risers in various lengths if thats all you want. 651-485-8075 his name is Matt.

12. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

:D :D Merry Christmas:D :D Here is 3" risers..
    Duane..

Attached Files:

13. Dirty2

Dirty2

a better pict of mine..

Attached Files:

14. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Here, s mine

Attached Files: