Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods PHOTOS: NEW Photos of The LEGION SPECIAL From SRM!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Dec 16, 2010.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

Good luck coin from 1930. From carnivals, Worlds Fair, etc.

2. Some of the larger events here in the last few years have shipped well known rodders and their cars down. You never know, maybe one of the organizers will see this.
    Then ill definitly want to go for a spin. lol.:D:):D

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

I have been to Americarna in New Plymouth/Taranaki twice. FANTASTIC!

4. Master of None

Master of None

Great car and great work, the only question is why didn't they use these pictures in the article? These show the detail so much better...oh well.

5. ver ver nice! You gonna re-clock that steering wheel so you don't have to look around the spoke to see your beautiful tach?

6. Kirk, that little car is beautiful, makes me want a track roadster even more ! Hey, by the way, hows that sedan coming along? Mitch.

7. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Damn the detail on that is awesome, really digging it.

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

It's actually clocked correct, somehow it was like that for the shoot.

9. Church

Church
    from South Bay

You better watch out Kirk, will builds and pics like that, people might start thinking you and Seret are professionals.

Cool stuff for sure.

10. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

Pictures are great, but the car is even more awesome in person. Well deserved write up.

11. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Holy crap that's HAWT! Chevy 250?

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Lots has already been said about your car, so I'll add my TOO COOL! But, then I'll ask a question... Did you run your throttle cable through the valve cover? If you did, how did you get that f#%ing clever?! If you didn't, how come I didn't think of it first!? Thank you for you consideration...

13. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yes, it runs through the valve cover. Very few people have noticed.

14. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

This insert on your shifter knob clearly has what would be recognized as a swastika, a German military cross by modern eyes. It would be seen as an evil symbol today. The german army actually took this symbol from a religious group in India, a religious order of monks, seekers. This symbol is dated to have been in existence before the establishment of Buddhism. I believe the coin has some reference to ancient Indian seekers and has the paths to true enlightenment through the minds eye of the seeker. The symbol we now know as a German swastika is in its ancient form was a symbol of balance, a yin and yan type reference towards inner and outer peace and harmony within the world we live. It can be found in many temples in India. Terribly sad that a symbol that existed for 3000 years as a sign of balance and harmony be known by most today as evil. Hope this would help to clarify any thoughts among those who see the shifter, not knowing the history of the symbols.

15. LabRat

LabRat

Nice Dune Buggy ....

16. marioD

marioD

Wish i had one of these too - saw a guy fabricating a similar version recently and i was wondering how it works. Is it sealed like a glass upside down put over a hole in the tank (i guess so) how can remaining air get out of the way of the gasoline inside the glass? Hope i explained that right.

Mario

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

actually if you look closely, the German Swastika is a reversed image of the ancient Indian version...they are not the same.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Google search: swastika symbol. The symbol as seen dates back to 1000 BCE, it is one of the oldest symbols known to man. It actually at one time meant peace health and prosperity. It has the same meaning towards peace health and prosperity in cultures from Japan, China, India, Egypt and that had been its original intent in Germany. The symbol as it is displayed within this context is an ancient vision towards the path to enlightenment, most likely Indian culture. The Indians use this particular symbol displayed within white flowers.

19. KIRK!

KIRK!

I have a collection of pre-WWII American good luck items, including 1933 World's Fair coins (from America), gaming related items (from America, like hand embroidered tablecloths and napkins, etc. Many have swastikas (both directions) mixed in with things like you see on this coin, some don't.

Also, I am very interested in my Indian heritage and the swastika is a symbols used by them for eons. They are also found as decoration on items from cultures spread all over the world from the past few thousand years. I get frustrated that one group of evil dipshits were able to screw up (in the eyes of the average person) this important and ancient symbol. I quite enjoy the fact that Buddhism has NOT let someone steal their symbol and that they still use it today.

Not to get political, but I personally believe that the best insult to the Nazi movement would be to strip them of the things they stole, just like they did. Don't give them any power. This is not to suggest ignoring their evil deeds in any way. Atrocities is nowhere near a harsh enough word to describe their doings, but I'm not sure there is one.

It's interesting to me (not being a religious person) that Christians etc. are fine with the image of the devil on things (especially in the hot rod world), but are instantly sickened by a swastika to the point of revulsion. I understand choosing to be repulsed by the swastika if you choose to only see it as a symbol of Nazis, but since you believe that the devil is just as real as Hitler, isn't Satan's image FAR worse? I mean, isn't HE the cause of evil? Hitler and the Nazis were just humans, possibly the most evil, terrible humans ever, but still, just humans, compared to an "angel."

Sorry for the political/religious rant, but this subject bothers me as much as it does Ryan, just in a different way. Please respond to me in a PM if you'd like, so this doesn't get closed. It may be too late for that already though.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Didn't mean to get any ones shorts all knotted up. After your brass etching post, I figured that the knob had something to do with the " Snugglers "......almost disappointed that it is not :eek:

21. KIRK!

KIRK!

No knotted shorts at all. It's a unique period correct good luck coin that fits the character of the build goal for the car.

I have no problem discussing it. I'm quite proud of it, it's the first knob I ever made.

22. I really love that little auto. Congrats on the coverage!

23. Have you had any other magazine spread offers since it being painted? ;)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  24. KIRK!

KIRK!

Nope, just SRM so far. I think it's probably past its prime magazine coverage-wise at this point. Now it's time to drive it into the ground!

25. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

Love it and the info on the coin too.
    Congrats you deserve it...
    Can't wait to see it in person.

26. sololobo

sololobo

Really super shots of the super car. Glad to see your Kirk-made shift knob getting so much deserved attention. Really love the machine bro, gongrats on the exposure. Rock on bro. ~sololobo~