Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photobucket now screwed up!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Drewski, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Drewski

Drewski

I link all my photos to this site through Photobucket and they have decided to force a new and improved version on everyone. I can't find appropriate words to describe how screwed up it is now.

I now have hundreds of photos of my builds, shows, and family photos on a site that is for all practical purposes seems to now be useless.

I know that there are other sites for photos.......so any experiences that would help in selecting a new one. I hope that there is a way for me to dump all these photos to a new site.

2. That's the problem with hosting sites,
    Its a third party ( you, forum, photo host) that can wreck your build threads or anything else you may have ever posted.

An enormous amout of info is nothing but red x's here .
    Sorry I don't have an answer for you.

I have an issue with photo bucket too, I can't get into it because the email I used to register was hacked and closed by the email host. Everything about photo bucket wants to use that email. You can't call these people either. The "photo bucket company" pays for itself somehow and I'm afraid to know how they do this.

3. The new setup at Photobucket does make photo sharing nearly worthless, BUT, if you take a look at the top of the new site (*While signed in) you will see that they've clearly given you the option to return to the old format. Click the banner that says "Return Photobucket to Original Mode" or something similar, and you will be redirected to fill out a brief questionaire on why the other format is better for you. I just typed in that the old format made photo sharing easier (not having to click on each photo, and then back out of each photo), and it returned my account to the old set up.

Take a careful look at the site, I doubt I'm the only one that got that option.

4. Drewski

Drewski

I had that option until I got an email from the Chief Product Officer, Kate Hare and I made the mistake of clicking the link to see if they had really put our suggestions into motion. Now I don't have the option that you are talking about and according to the email you will not have the option in less that 26 days.

If the people that run Photobucket make their living from that site.......I think they have shot their self in the foot. They've turned a really good site into garbage.

If you get that email don't make the mistake I did. Keep the old site as long as you can.

5. I just checked on my account. It has the new graphic styling of the new site, but, the convenience of the old site. If that was your main concern, which I can totally understand, I would keep checking back with them. I think they'll get it figured out. I can't imagine them getting rid of that easy sharing system for good.

6. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Simply use the thumbnail way here to attach pics - much cleaner posts anyway. No hosting service needed!

:cool:

Attached Files:

7. Drewski

Drewski

I understand what you're suggesting.....I just hate clicking on a half dozen thumbnails to see what someone is doing. Of course I hate looking at tech articles that have nothing but red X's where the photos have been moved or deleted rendering the tech article just about useless. I've always been careful not to move or delete any photos that I've posted, especially in tech articles.

8. Drew, I hear you, I have 600 plus pics on PB as well. Plus 1/2 dozen build threads on several forums with pics. I have not loaded any new pics on PB since they started screwing with it. I was able to switch it back to the old style (twice) and told them what a POS it was both times. Now it has a banner ad saying it will switch in 25 days........

I don't know what to do, I think if you move the pics they will be lost from previous posts though......

9. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I have read about Photo Bucket on a few forums and a new problem.

10. Yeah,it's changed and we as a whole don't like change,but I figured it out and although it has changed it's still pretty easy to figure out.

Your just going to have a slight relearning curve,,samething with Hamb after the last major update or when Ryan too over the Ford Barn and the members there were screaming and hollering that he had ruined the site and a lot of the ol FB's refused to except the changes.

A lot of them have slowly ventured back and many have embraced the changes,,having been on the Barn in the early days it is a whole lot better,,

I will continue to use Photobucket,,I'm not crazy about the new format but I have finally figured out how to navigate the site and post photos again. HRP

11. It seems to me that Photobucket went to a lot of effort rearrange the locations and functions of almost every menu. I couldn't easily find a way to select multiple images and generate a batch of image links in one pass like before. :mad:

Has anybody found a way to accomplish this on the new version of the site? Something buried three menus deep that I didn't stumble into? :eek:

12. Drewski

Drewski

I'm not trying to argue the point that it can't be navigated, but do you "really" think they have improved the format? Try infinite scrolling. It takes 3 minutes to get to the last photo in my build album. The show all feature they used to have......max 10-20 seconds. I'm sure some people are ok with that......for me it's like having your motorcycle short throttled, you can still ride it, but it's not as much fun.

13. The way I look at it,,Photobucket is still a free site and as much as we don't like it all we can do now is embrace it or move on and find something else.

Bitch and moaning ain't gonna change it,if I thought it might change it back to the old format I would be screaming to the top of my lungs!:rolleyes: HRP

14. Muttley

Muttley

Photobucket now sucks, everytime I try to use it my computer locks up tighter than a snare drum.

15. Copied from my post in another thread:

One of the features that I missed in the new version of Photobucket was the ability to select multiple images from an album and create a list of links for them with a single click. PB refers to this as "bulk linking". I could never figure out how to do this with the new version of the site. :mad:

http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entri...-the-Beta-site

Well "bulk linking" is either back or they've at least finally posted a link to a page with instructions on how to do it. Getting there isn't exactly intuitive but the bulk linking feature does indeed exist and it works. :D For now at least I'm going to stop thinking about changing to another image hosting site. I don't know if uploads are any quicker, but opening my album pages seems a little faster... maybe... I think. ;)

16. I've discovered the more I use it the easier it is to navigate. HRP

17. Just uploaded a batch of pics on the new version for the first time and it did seem upload a bit faster. During some other navigating though it seemed a little wonky at times. Still running in beta though so I imagine they're still working some of the kinks out.

18. PhotoSupport

PhotoSupport
    from Denver

Hello all,

Derek from Photobucket support here. Your conversation popped up in my Google alerts and I thought I would pop in to answer your questions.

@drewski, thanks for opening this thread. Can you give me a little detail on why you find the site 'useless' now? Are you missing specific features? It may be possible that we have already added the feature, but we haven't done a good job of showing you where/how to find/use it. Here is an article detailing upcoming and recently added features.

Article: http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/21432109

@31Vicky, We can recover your account even if you do not have the original email. Are you on facebook? If so, the quickest way to recover your account would be to send a direct message to our page. (I read all of the messages)
    http://www.facebook.com/photobucket

If you are not on Facebook, follow the directions in this article and we will get you back into your account. http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/21079008

19. PhotoSupport

PhotoSupport
    from Denver

Switching to the new site will not break any links. We have gone to painful lengths to make sure that your content and links remain safe.

20. PhotoSupport

PhotoSupport
    from Denver

We have heard this feedback and we are looking at reducing clicks and making features easier to find...

Here is where to find the easy linking and bulk actions! :)

Quick Linking: http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/21575180-Quick-access-to-linking-on-the-Beta-site

Bulk Actions: http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/21575190-Bulk-Linking-on-the-Beta-site

I hope this helps...

21. PhotoSupport

PhotoSupport
    from Denver

Thanks for letting me interrupt your conversation here on the H.A.M.B

I will most likely not pop back in too soon. The best way to reach me specifically is to send a direct message on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/photobucket

We also have a really great support team, although the response time is a little longer.
    http://support.photobucket.com

Thanks again, and I hope that this is more of a help than an interruption.

Derek
    @Photobucket

22. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Im positive nearly everyone is griping, enough complaints and will have to do something

23. Thanks for dropping by and helping to sort things out for us. I'm impressed! :D

If you hadn't noticed, the HAMB is a very image oriented site and the smoother your site works the happier we are. Don't be a stranger and keep us updated. We'd like to keep our images and their links right where they are if at all possible. :cool:

24. Drewski

Drewski

Not on.......or even interested in Facebook. The infinite scrolling feature is a real time waster. " View all" in the old format was much better.
    Being able to choose upload size for all the uploaded photos is much better than having to resize before upload or having to do them individually after the upload. And speaking of resize......I've resized a few photos on the PB site and it shows that they are at the new size but when I link them to a forum they are still at the original uploaded size.

You've got 11 huge pages of complaints in your support section and virtually no responses to the issues being presented.

Your old format was much more user friendly. Why fix something that was not broke?

25. I actually know Kate Hare their CPO as we worked together in the same company I am currently at.
    Ive sent her a direct personal message as I too hate their new design and Im a paid user of PB that will be taking my content elsewhere.

Will let you guys know what I hear back....

26. bsa_bob2

bsa_bob2

Hey i want to use photobucket and i get the old version...but if they change it, i'll change to somthing else. i can't get pics i do have there, do to A crumby hp /pc i purchased.no winning this conversation for me i guess.

27. OK Guys, spoken directly and have a meeting next week to give consolidated feedback.
    More updates next week!

28. Photo support
    One of the biggest problems I have is that I used to be able to select a photo, Bring it up on edit, resize it, then copy and paste it. That does not work any more. Once you bring it up on edit there is no option to copy it!! You can copy shortcut but not the pic you are looking at.

29. I'm not real familiar with using the Edit functions on PB because I tend to do any editing, cropping and downsizing before I upload my pics. Tried to experiment a bit just now but the site seems to be particularly sluggish this morning. I'm using IE8 and it froze the browser window.

The edit screen could use a little work in my opinion. The "Apply" and "Save" buttons need to be a bit more obvious.

Give this a try. After making your edits and saving your work go back to the Album page showing your new image and click on the "Organize" button. This seems to be the whole key to being able to select images and generate IMG links. Go back a few posts here and there are some links to PB that explain the process in detail.

Think maybe I'll see if PB is working any smoother in Firefox.

30. Just spent a few minutes editing a pic on PB using Firefox. Wow! :eek: The site works about 300% better in Firefox than it does in IE8!

[​IMG]

To be fair, I have Java enabled in Firefox and disabled in IE8, so that may be part of the difference. So if things aren't working smoothly for you, you might consider using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome.

I might have to re-enable Java in IE8 and see if that makes any difference.