Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photo album ---Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by twochops, May 8, 2006.

1. Marcy

Marcy

Great thread!
    Do any of you kustom historians know of any Zephyrs done back in the day?
    I scanned this one Terry Cook found while working on Scrape but have not seen any others.
    [​IMG]

Thanks
    Marcy

2. Rikster

Rikster

Photo scanned from old magazines...

[​IMG]

Think this one came from Mark's Hop Up Magazine from some time ago...

[​IMG]

Don Moyer posted these some time ago...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  3. Nah, no one's exempt from bringing this site into disrepute by taking r!! r!!

4. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

All those pics are fuckin sweet ! keep them coming ..pleeeeeeeease ! :D

5. Marcy

Marcy

Thanks Rik!
    Keep the great photos coming guys.

Marcy

6. wher's the pics?

7. Still can't find where the Life mag pics are.

8. vertible59

vertible59

Lighten up, dude. Do a little research on Mazza, and I think you'll find that the post was meant to be humor.:)

9. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Anyone recognize this chopped 49 Chevy custom?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was purchased around 1956 by my friend, Pete Ralph, who was a fellow member of the Vampires when we lived in Redondo Beach, CA. It was chopped with a Carson top and had an Olds grill. It also had frenched headlights and the taillights were in the bumper guards. If I remember correctly, someone had added metal to the bottom of the rear fenders, perhaps to make it look lower (?).

Pete drove it until it caught fire one night while he was stopped at a signal on PCH in Redondo. He said he heard a pop and saw the paint on the hood start to bubble so he jumped out but couldn't save the car. He never saw it again after it was towed away.

10. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Marcy,

All 1940 Lincoln Continentals WERE kustom Zephyrs! The "Connies" started life as a stock Zephyr to which Lincoln sectioned out 3'' and stretched them 7'' in length. To see one of these in bare metal is like seein' Tammy Faye Baker nude!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Spending A Nation Into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion!"

11. mikes51

mikes51

Anyone who risked his life by running across 3 lanes of freeway traffic to save the removable roof of the Aztec, well, he can post anything he wants. Read the Rodders Journal Article on the whole story.

12. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Barry Mazza = Kustom Icon!

13. Rikster

Rikster

From the Barry Mazza Collection

How the Aztec started...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Barry Mazza and Bill Carr...

[​IMG]

Steve Coonan shooting the Aztec for the Rodder's Journal feature.

[​IMG]

14. Not one of my favorite Kustoms but it is still badass!!! These pictures are great, I have never seen these before.

15. Rikster

Rikster

Then these are for you jeff...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One more photo of the Sam Barris Merc

[​IMG]

This one is also nice. Jimmy Vaughan talking to Barry Mazza in his near Bettancourt clone.
    Barry had no idea who he was talking to, other than a very enthusiastic custom car enthusiast. Only later he found out that is was Jimmy.

[​IMG]

16. Holy shit Rik!!! Those are some great pictures!!!!! Man you are just making my saturday night even better!!!!!!!!!!! Look at that Bugerian merc, that car was just stunning. It really surprises me that not that many people are into that car. I love it!

17. Rikster

Rikster

Me too... Barry also send me this shot.. but its rather poor quality...

[​IMG]

18. WoW! what a shot !!!!! Just look at the profile of that car, I just love it.Just picture how good it must of looked while it was passing you on the street while driving. I think Kustoms look good sitting still( at a show) but to get the real beauty of a Kustom you got to see it while its driving and I think this one is stunning!! What a sled!

19. Rikster

Rikster

Two more black and white photos from the Fuzzy Collection, better quality than the others before...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Man I cant get over the rear 3/4 shot from up high,it is just great. I wonder what really happened to the ol Miss San Pedro??

21. Rikster

Rikster

Some photos of Barry Mazza "Herb Ogden" Buick Kustom photo album

The Herb Ogden Buick original built by the Pisano brothers, and later "updated" by Barris. Barry restored it back to how he things the Pisano brothers had built it in the 40's...

[​IMG]

Absolute wonderful photo taken in the mid 50's...

[​IMG]

start of the restoration...

[​IMG]

Barry (on the right) with Herb Ogden...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Now this car is just BREATHTAKING!!!! I mean just look hard at this car,look at that HAMMERED windshield on this thing,

23. vertible59

vertible59

Who cares what a few people think? This car has withstood the test of time, or we wouldn't be looking at and talking about it today.

24. That's a good point. And the Ogden Buick is just plain beautiful.

25. now these pics are cool.

26. The thing that I don't like about this car is the stupid side trim. That extra hump at the back and those three spears wreck it for me. Other than that I think the car is spot on. It was starting to get to the point where they tried to put too much on customs to make them different and started to lose the plot. The remake of the Bettancourt Merc for Zupan is another good example of a perfect car gone wrong.

27. barry mazza

barry mazza

Thanks for the pass, I didn't mean to disrupt to flow of things, I guess I have "RAT MADNESS", yes the "R" word. BARRESSE'

28. barry mazza

barry mazza

I have talked with 'Greg Sharp over the fate of this Merc, I have a photo of it in primer , no front bumper with guys hanging over the fenders looking at the engine, it has no hubcaps and looks in rough condition.
    At any rate Greg , who lived near the Barris shop and kept a constant watch says he knows this car is "GONE" on to Kustom Heaven. He as I remember said that the car was dumped in land fill or something near that as it was wrecked to junk condition.
    Any one know any stories about this???
    BARRESSE'

29. barry mazza

barry mazza

Too Chops. great stuff you have, I have seen some of those photos yrs ago, have you had the photos for a long time???? BARRESSE'

30. Rikster

Rikster

[​IMG]