Register now to get rid of these ads!

period battery box.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tommy, Dec 28, 2003.

1. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

No politics or bitchin' just a cool period battery box that the old guys would have found in the old junk yards. I usually make mine from angle iron. This one came in a deuce sedan that was built in the 50's. I like the louvers and the easy mounting options. it's a shoebox Ford 49-51. I mounted mine off the right rear of the Deuce K member. I love little period details. I know I'm nuts! Check out the shoebox guys at the next flea market. Everybody needs a battery box. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tommy, Thats a great idea.......I saw a box battery box like that yesterday in a pile of parts a friend got with a 51 ford project......Gotta con him out of it! [​IMG] HRP

3. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i'll try to get Hotroddrummer to post a pic of the battery box they made out of an old Craftsman tool box for a customer's model A. it was too cool!! [​IMG]

4. Joes50

Joes50

Thanks for the information on the battery box Tommy! I just went through my friends stash of parts yesterday and picked up a battery box just like that...."he didn't know what it came off of". I'm installing it on the frame of a 46 Ford P.U.

Joe