Register now to get rid of these ads!

Perfect or not.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Riva B., Sep 16, 2011.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Primer, or multi-color...who cares...drive it and enjoy it.
    I spent almost 16 months getting my Biscayne mechanically re done. For the last two months I have been driving it as my daily driver and loving it !!!
    Will do body work on it this winter, and hopefully come spring will be ready for me to paint, but if not, will have a nice coat of primer on it and drive it that way..:rolleyes:
    Good luck on yours...
    Oh, and yes I take it to local car shows like it is....and get a lot of compliments on it too..... :D
    Cheers.....

2. Tell them to leave.

3. Jack60

Jack60
    from Maryland

Drive her, enjoy............:D If something gets messed up you just fix it before paint..........no problem.....:cool:

4. I drove mine with a rattle can paint job for about a week, I realized then, If I didn't go ahead and paint it, it might never get done

5. Wait till it's perfect.

6. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Drive it. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

When you are ready, tear it down over a winter.

Have no regrets.

7. Boy is that ever true!! Enjoy it, screw the save it crap.-MIKE

8. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

X2 To this!

9. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Drive it and enjoy it just make sure you use epoxy primer since it won't absorb water.

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Lifes too short ...drive it ! Start building another one if you can, when its drivable blow this one apart for paint,that way if you get bogged down onit you still have something to drive, been using this formula for years and its worked for me.

11. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

I drive the Shit outta mines now that it runs perfect. Even though I'm waiting to have enough loot. Who knows how long that'll be? Screw it! Drive it!

12. True.

13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Until people start putting food on your table and kicking in money toward your projects they have zero to say about how you do it. Even if they DO put food on your table and kick in money toward your projects they still have no reason to say anything..........it is your car, so why do you care? People love to tell other people how to live their lives, just ignore them. :)

Don

14. outlaw256

outlaw256

right now im sitting in a hotel room with my primered 62 galaxie sitting out side(hope it is still there) and im going to a car show in a few minutes with it. gotta lot of i like it yesterday. 3 DAYS AGO IT LOOKED AWFUL. 3 DIFFERENT COLORS damn cap lock button and 2 much surface rust.oh yea its also my daily driver. so tell your friends to fuck off. better yet get new friends.

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Enjoy it. I spent to many yrs. with the 56 sitting thinking not till its done. Problem is nothing was being done either, no money. Will I reassembled the car from it's started tare down and started driving it again. Well I have come along way and with time its as it appears on my avatar. But its still not done. The interior only has the headliner and front seat done. But I DRIVE IT !!!!!!!!!!

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

The '32 in my avatar was just going to get a few miles so I could find any issues in the drivetrain and then get torn down for finish paint. That was 12 years ago. It takes time for those drivetrain issues to show up.:eek::rolleyes::D

Frank

17. I respect opinions, but in the end I always do what I want anyway. Hot Rods are not built by committee .

18. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

This is the best answer. I really like the last sentence...it applies to far more than how you build your car.

19. drive it !!!!!!!!!!