Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pedal Alternatives for '32 K-member?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Will Kimble, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Will Kimble

Will Kimble

Like a lot of folks I am having a hard time finding a NICE set of '32 pedals, let alone a set that I can AFFORD. I am planning to use a Tardel reproduction K-member in a '32 frame, and I have no qualms about modifying the K-member for an alternate set of pedals.

Has anybody left the driver's side leg off the K-member and installed F1 pedals directly to the main part of the K-member?

Any clever approaches to using '39 or later pedals? I have seen the bracket in the Tardel book, but haven't seen a picture of one in a car.

Pictures please!!!

Happy New Year,
    Will Kimble
    www.kimblemandolins.com

2. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will,
    I had the same problem, but found the '33-'34 pedals were almost the same, are much easier to find, and at reasonable cost. The picture shows the '34 set I installed in my '32 chassis. The "X" I am using is close to a "K" as far as pedal location amd mounting.
    Bob[​IMG]

3. xix32

xix32

you may want to forget about the "K" member altogether. look for a copy of the tony thacker book "deuce - the `32 ford", i think it's called. go to page #62 and read about how bad the frames flexed and caused body cracks do to the lack of a center "X" member. this was all fixed when they started putting an "X" member in the frames in `33 for torsional rigidity.