Register now to get rid of these ads!

Part number cross needed-Ford rear axle seal number

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rainh8r, Jun 25, 2009.

1. rainh8r

rainh8r

I need a cross from part Ford part #D10W 1177A to SKF (or something else). This is a rear axle seal for a 9" stepped housing. The local parts house can't cross Ford part numbers for some reason. I expect this rear end is out of a Mustang of some year, probably 69-73. They show two number options and only have one in stock, so I'm hoping it's the one I need. Thanks, Rob

2. a local auto parts store cannot figure out a rear axle seal for a nine inch ford? there are only two...small bearing or big bearing. do you know which you have?

3. rainh8r

rainh8r

They show 2 small bearing seal numbers, so crossing the original should give me the correct one. I'm not pulling them out until I have new ones to replace them with as I want to drive it this weekend; the old seals will work for awhile, but I'd like to replace them as long as the axles are out.

4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You sure you don't have an 8 inch differential????????????

5. Timken # 51098

6. rainh8r

rainh8r

Thanks, Grits. Yes, it is a 9", stepped housing and all.

7. i understand your reluctance in pulling out your old seals in fear of not getting a replacement , but any good auto parts store should be able to get you the correct one.

for 9" small bearing the seal is CR #13738 , large bearing # 15412....the pinion seal for either is 18833

for an 8" rear , the axle seal is CR # 13700 , the pinion seal # 18100

any good auto parts store should be able to cross reference these Chicago Rawhide ( aka CR) numbers

8. No problem bro.