Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Parked in the woods ---what make/model?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Kipling, Feb 14, 2017.

1. David Kipling

David Kipling
    from canada

This photo shows a wagon that's been abandoned so long the trees have grown up around it, and car wreck above gospel rock.jpg few locals even know it's there. The site is probably going to be cleared for new housing. I wonder whether the car may be worth removing before a dozer crushes it.

biggeorge and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  2. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Maybe 57 Chevy Delivery, looks pretty far gone... :eek:

mgtstumpy and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

it sure looks like a 57 Chevy....and since the quarter "window" has a dent, it's likely a delivery. Rare car. Oh well.

4. That's Sad. It is a 57 sedan delivery. Has a one piece hatch. some very rare parts. save it. Ron...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

57 Delivery some rare bits still to be had there, especially garnish moldings in the cargo area, lift gate support rods are rare if not broken, one piece gate, might have bucket seats?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  7. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

You might want to obtain the two lift gate support devices. They are sized for a sedan delivery rear hatch only. The ones on a regular wagon are shorter. You can use the ones from a wagon, like I did, but the hatch will open only a little above eye level causing many people (like my Father) to bump his head.

Ron Funkhouser and koolkemp like this.
  8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Sad to see that car meet that end, any other photos? That moss gives it an eerie look. Jump in now and grab what you can or take it away and remove parts before scrapping the remnants.

Speed Gems likes this.
  9. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Man, that is a LOT of growth....that is really too bad:(

10. That is car art.....You need to take a couple more images of the left rear 3/4 view, the moss is outstanding and while you are there take the hatch and hardware.....

SquireDon likes this.
  11. Squablow

Squablow

If I had access to that, and I had permission to take stuff (very important), I would take all of the hatch hardware as was said, maybe just cut the whole hatch with hinges out of there with a sawzall, those small pieces would sell on eBay and help fund whatever you're working on now.

Also, hacking the B pillars out from roof to rocker and back about a foot or two would give enough to make a 4 door wagon into a 2 door wagon with a new pair of 2 door sedan length front doors. Don't know how much resale that would have but I'd love to have those pieces.