Register now to get rid of these ads!

Panhandle of Florida...Am I all alone..??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RatRodThug, Dec 28, 2009.

1. RatRodThug

RatRodThug
    from Florida

I was wondering if anyone lives up here in my area? Seems like hot rods are a dieing breed in these parts.

2. 6berry

6berry

theres someone on this board from that area....im from beachside central florida though

3. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

I lived in Panama City for about 3 years and I didnt see many rods around but I used to go up around Paxton Alabama and found alot of old steel around the area . If you want to see some street racing go to Steel Field road off of 98 in Panama City Beach on saturday night .:D

4. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i am in pensacola not a lot going on around here

5. George

George

Rod-Tiques show is about it.

6. George

George

You could be a bit more specific about your location.

7. captmullette

captmullette

it's a big panhandle, i'm in carrabelle, got a 31 sedan in the works, my buddy is building a 40 coupe; we have a small car show in eastpoint every spring with a bbq cookoff, and a cruise in at hardees in crawfordville on the ist sat in the month, like your ride........

8. Moondog13

Moondog13

I'm in St. Augustine. New to the area from Miami. Likewise, not much going on around here...

9. THE CREEPER

THE CREEPER

Hey Moondog13 I'am new here in the sunshine state ( Boca Raton ) is there much going on in Miami. Gary

10. Rain_man

Rain_man

hi im in daytona seems to be tons of rods running around here
    i just moved t the area from upstate new york
    i love seeing all the old cars/trucks every day

11. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

i am in mobile,al. not many hamers around here! hot rods everywhere but no hamers! just a few!!!

12. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

A little North of you in South Georgia..........Not much going on here

13. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

I've Spent some time in the Destin, Ft Walton & Panama City. Does not even compare to the West Coast. Overall, not allot going on. Its primarily Billet & Tupper-rods. There are some fine restored and period resto-rods, but they don't come out much.

Swap Meets are 4-5 hours away, Moultrie GA & Daytona are big ones but only twice a year.

This is a very big Muscle Car area. Two big clubs dominate the car scene. Bay County Mustangs & the Emerald Coast Corvette Club.

14. Model A Nut

Model A Nut

Crestview, FL here..... Small town north of Destin and east of Pensacola. Only a few rods out and about from time to time. Most guys seem to keep them in the garage.

15. slepe67

slepe67

How true. I'm between Fort Walton Beach and Pensacola. Good old school car builder in P'Cola. See my link below. Great guy. Slow, but great guy. There's another shop near Gulf Breeze. He builds mostly 'glass street rods, but they are nice. aka "Root's Real Rods"