Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paint ideas needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stllrng., Oct 31, 2008.

1. I am building my first real hot rod, a 1932 Ford pickup, channelled with no fenders. I am trying for the early-mid sixties look. I am on a definite budget so lots of chrome is out of the question. I am planning to go metalic gold but not metalflake on the body. What I am not sure is what the front axle and hair pins would look like if they were not painted the same color as the body and frame ie gold. I was also thinking about painting the whole chassis black, sort of like the A.G. Milner coupe. Has anyone seen anything like this? I know some will say paint it any way you want, but I am just looking for some input based on what people have seen. Would gold frame/body and black axles and hairpins look ok? I just think sometimes everything the same color looks kind of Street Rodder/billet/Boyd and I want to avoid that. sort of long-winded sorry...

2. PollockzRodz

PollockzRodz

Gold body and white frame and axles or gold and silver Gold and black is nice but I think there just to much of a difference in shades which throws your eyes off. Metalflake gold deffiently and Pearl white just my thoughts from lookin in some old mags

3. Thanks for the suggestion, I think a white firewall would look cool as well. I thought black would look good with gold, but I think I see what you mean.