Register now to get rid of these ads!

P15 Newbie in CO

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by vcustoms86, Mar 10, 2014.

1. vcustoms86

vcustoms86

Hello everyone. My name is Virgil and I am from Colorado. I have been on a few diesel forums for awhile but now I am in a field where I need help. I picked up a 1948 Plymouth P15 Special Deluxe for $700. Its mostly complete and not a lot of body work will be needed. I will upload some pictures as soon as I can. I just picked up a 1966 low compression 383 for it. I have been into older cars since I was 5 and my grandfather showed me his 1946 Mercury. I love the look of cars from the 1950s and older. I started drawing and designing cars when I was in elementary and still do to this day but they tend to look a bit better haha. Any help is appreciated as this is my first complete build and I plan to do most of it myself. I taught myself everything I know today but there is a lot I need to learn. Thank you everyone.

2. hkestes

hkestes

Welcome from another P15 owner in Texas. This is my second P15 coupe. First one was 383 / 727 powered. This one I stayed with a flathead but it is a 59 model 230 with an R10 over drive that I traveled to Denver for.

These are great old cars with decent front suspensions already. Olddaddy here on the HAMB has a kit to install disc brakes, then just relocate your upper shock mount and you are good to go. If you want to lower the front end, remove the mounting plate from the top of the lower A Arm and weld it onto the bottom. That will give you about a 2.5 inch drop with no change in your spring rates.

Also check in over at the P15-D24.com site. There is a lot of knowledge about these old Mopars over there.

3. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from the Springs

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. navyboy

navyboy

another plymouth owner and welcome.

5. Welcome from San Diego!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

7. Greetings from Durango.

8. vcustoms86

vcustoms86

Thanks everyone! looking forward to learning alot before I start my build when the weather warms up.

9. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Welcome from Virginia.

10. Welcome from CT!

11. vcustoms86

vcustoms86

Thank you guys!

12. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Welcome from Greeley ~Chuck