Register now to get rid of these ads!

Over 60

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by imnezrider, Jul 29, 2010.

1. dadseh

dadseh

Dec '45 here... hit the official pensioner age and Old Farts club this Xmas..hehehe
    been retired for 14 months now, only wish I had done it sooner, dont know how I got anything done workin 5 days a week before that....Aint enough hours in the day to get stuff done out in the shed now.

2. Jerry Lee Lewis put out an album called "39 and Holding".

3. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Great thread. I'm 68 going on 19 and feel pretty good. Just attended my 50th H.S. reunion which was good. No canes, walkers or oxygen bottles--we did all right. The 40 is pretty near finished so life is good. I spend around two hours a day on the HAMB with some of the best people in the world---what more can I ask for??

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

66 the 23rd of this month. Too many things to do to consider throwing in the towel. Life had it's best shot at killing me in 1988(at 44 years old) and by the grace of God I'm still here. Have had about the best life anyone could ask for but I'm asking for it to be a little longer. It's a whole lot easier to take the speed bumps when your blessed with the best wife in the world and if you think you've got a better one than me I don't want to hear about it.

Frank

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  5. lawman

lawman

At 66 I,m still "Old Kool"!!!!! Tom ( Tired Old man)

6. Hanging in at 65 this past April. What was the other question ??

7. MacTexas

MacTexas
    from DFW

I guess I better check in. 62 in November.

8. '46SuperDeluxe

'46SuperDeluxe
    from Clovis, CA

Yea, 62 in Oct. When I was 22, I thought 62 was really ooold. I remember more about when I was 22 than what I did yesterday. I still have most of my hair(Brown) and teeth(not as white), the goatee is a little gray now. My 37 yr old gearhead son-in-law is getting gray around the edges. Him and his friends take me to car shows and the drags. I'm blessed all around,... spend more time with the grandkids. The economy and life have pushed me around pretty good in recent years but I'm looking to get into another HAMB appropriate car soon.

9. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

67 and still playing with cars--just takes me a little longer to get them done--no plans of slowing down--currently doing another 40 coupe

10. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

Still doing good at 62,,,,,,,,Hot rods,Bonneville cars and 2 stroke trikes all great fun!

11. Will be 61 this December - as long as I'm able and above ground I'm still 25 and playing with cars - don't know why these old cars always want to go so fast all the time ... maybe I've lost feeling in my right foot ..... ha!

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I keep hearing "youngsters" say: "If you remember the 1960's, you weren't there"...hell, I remember the '60's better than what I was just typing a few minnits ago... matter of fact, I've written two books about the 1960's and what car craziness we got into (see my website below)...

What was the question again...???

Oh yeah, I'm 67 in two months...I was 62 when I started on this project:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329070&highlight=the+best+55+caddy+build

Have another Caddy ('48 sedanet) waiting in the wings when this one is finished...I figure I've got another 25 or 30 good years left in me...good Lord willing...!!!

R-

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  13. banginona40

banginona40

Just turned 61. Still building cars and riding my Harley. Life is what you make it. My dad in his later years always said "gettin old aint for sissys". I'm starting to realize what he meant. Started going to the gym when I was 59. I had to just to be able to muscle my bike around. It's all good !!

14. spinout

spinout
    from Dallas, TX

68 Here. Nothing much changes, just takes a little longer sometimes.

15. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

64 years old in May.

now where the hell did I put my teeth ?

16. KS Fats

KS Fats

64 in may also....makes me wish some of those fine looking younger ladies would bring their mothers with them when they attend the shows...I've earned the right to be a curmudgeon.....fats

17. waynus

waynus

64 a few weeks back, but I still have the same liking for toys. They just cost more now. My 49 Fleetline moredoor is my latest resto rod project. My body is way older than my mind and ambitions.

18. tinhunter

tinhunter

Guess I'll check in as well, 65 in jan., Nothing different than when I was 20, still $10 bucks short every payday LOL, In the process of sorting out a recently aquired 34 5 window which had been built by an old guy in the 70's.

19. chop&drop

chop&drop

61 here. Trying to get around to upholstering my sedan so I can start looking for a new project.