Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Our friend Julie from * GENE WINFIELD ROD & CUSTOM * is in the hospital!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ian Berky, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Moldy

Moldy

Still Praying for her...

2. vein

vein

Prayers out to julie!

3. Vintage Roadside

Vintage Roadside

Glad to hear things are improving!

4. bradshaw

bradshaw
    from ontario

Get well soon..... Prayers!!

5. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

see! Me praying harder worked!

(well, it's probably not my doing alone, but in a little while she'll be reading this thread and get to this comment and hopefully it will make her smile a little. :) )

6. MissPrint

MissPrint

Still thinkin' of her. . .and really hopin' that the "Power of the H.A.M.B." helps here. . .

Fingers crossed. . .

7. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I missed this thread till now somehow.. Sending a whole new set of well wishes her way!!

8. Another update.

Yesterday, Julie took a turn for the worse again. Her blood pressure dropped and her oxygen saturation dropped down into the 70's. They had to put in a third chest tube to relieve the pressure on her heart. The doctors were not sure she was going to pull out of this one.

When I arrived at the hospital, There was a room full of people working on her. They were able to get her blood pressure up but her oxygen saturation was still low. They have placed her back on the oscillating ventilator and she is back in the induced coma. They are watching her closely.

I have a ton of respect for the I.C.U. staff at San Antonio hospital. They have gone above and beyond with Julie. They have been most kind and compassionate through this ordeal. Not only with Julie, With me as well.

I truely wish I had better news.

9. Thoughts and prayers continue to go out to her....

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Wow. This is no laughing manner as this is a very big thing going around. My son just got of hospital with the almost the very same thing and they had to operate on his lung. Hard seeing loved ones hooked up to breathing machines. Been there and and I know the pain. My thought are with you.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  11. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Sorry did not read post 158. As before in my thoughts and prayers.

12. SICBOY

SICBOY

I hate hearing stuff like this, you are in my prayers

13. Bandit Ls-1

Bandit Ls-1

praying for a speedy recovery.

14. gascrank

gascrank
    from Indiana

Best wishes from Indiana, I work as a respiratory therapist, a bad year for the flu, a number of young folks in the ICU, hang in there and get better.

15. MissPrint

MissPrint

Updates? :eek: Or is she still the same? Fingers crossed, hoping for the best. . .

16. 52pig

52pig

I keep seeing this thread and hoping for some great news...come on you can beat this! My thoughts are with you.

17. A quick update,

Julie is still in very critical condition, She is on the oscillatory ventilator since Saturdays episode. They have reduced the oxygen level to 45% (lower is better) however, They have had to increase the pressure it produces because her lungs are not responding well. Prior to last Saturday, She was on a regular ventilator and the oxygen was set at 30% and her saturation was in the high 90's.

Her "vitals" are stable but her blood pressure is still on the low side. Tuesday, she tested positive for a bacterial infection that is a serious problem in the I.C.U. Because of this, She is now in isolation status. She is also still in the induced come and will be, As long as she is on the oscillatory ventilator.

The chest x-rays from wednesday showed more fluid in her lungs then the day before. This is not good. They placed her on diuretics to help remove fluids from her body.

She is on day 40 of this.

Thank you all again for the replies and support. I know when she wakes up, She will enjoy seeing this thread. Mark

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  18. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Was hoping for a better up date. Quick question since my son just went thru a very much the same thing. Have they gone in and opened the fluid pouch and clean out infection, meaning surgicly? Thats what they had to do to my son and also go down into the lung with camera and sucktion the stuff that was there as well. Because meds thru IV was not doing the job. I'll keep thinking and praying for her.

19. They have not. It took quite some time to get her stable enough to do the tracheostomy. Her immune system is not keeping up either. There is so much going on with her that I am just confused. The nurse was going over things with me last night. She told me that Julie was positive for H1N1 when she was admitted. I don't recall being told that. You would think they would make me aware of this as we live together. I don't know.. Maybe they told me..

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers Johnny. She needs all she can get. ..............Mark

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  20. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Damn man... Healing vibes sent. Get better Julie!!

21. Big Jon

Big Jon

Is H1N1 also called swine flu, if so there was a bloke in New Zealand who was not reacting well to treatment, his family had heard that high doses of vitamin C would help, the hospital wouldn't administer and the family had to fight to have it done , he has recovered and is back working his farm , however the hospital still denies that it was the correct treatment .

Our thoughts go out to you and julie , get well soon

22. prayers sent get well soon

23. I am praying the LORDS prayer as we speak for Julie. Please folks dont forget to pray for the staff and Doctors as well.

24. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Very sad to hear she is still struggling so hard. But, glad she is still hanging in there. She is putting up a very hard fight, that is for sure. Some more prayers and thoughts sent her way. Hope it helps.

25. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Mark, often people say you haven't walked in my shoes, and thats very true. However that sentance is so true. You ask and you ask and are frustrated, blind, numb. Oh how I feel for you. Many a time I broke down and couldn't talk to loved ones on the phone about my sons condition. Well you get my point no need to carry on. If you need an ear just throw out a PM. All the best, John

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  26. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

She is definently a fighter and I hope that everything works out for her and her family and friends.Im no saint but my prayers are with her,get well soon Julie!!

27. hoping for better updates -more prayers sent your way Julie

28. fbama73

fbama73

Sending up prayers for recovery for Julie and for grace until she does for Mark and all her loved ones.

29. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Wow...sorry to hear/read this...i pray she gets well soon....C'mon Julie...

30. Prayers out to Julie. Get well soon......