Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Our Billetproof FL '09 adventure!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dv8, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Kenny P

Kenny P

Another great show!
    Made new friends, saw Great Cars, Gals, Bikes, Art and lots of swap meet parts. Don's Museum was hours and hours of History, I'm glad I went a day early to check it out!
    Porta Potties and food were thee only 2 things that need to beefed up for next year.
    Thanks for all those involved to pull this off.

Here is a link to some pix my Buddy JD took yesterday.

BilletProof 2009

:)

2. jay64

jay64

A friend of mine was at the show selling her artwork. She said it was an excellent day and she met some very cool stripers, Luke from Ocala and Paul from Buffalo, also , Steve" The Swap meet guy " If you guys are HAMBers...She was really thankful to you guys for all your help. I told her I 'd get on here and give a shout out to everyone in the Poor Boys club and for the whole staff forthe great job they did putting the show together, I 'm the one who told her to go so I'm glad it was a great day. Maybe I'll be in town next year so I can go I'm sorry I missed it. Thanks guys.

3. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

I see you bestowed the Tiki trophy on my buddy Norm from New Mexico Plymouth wagon and tear drop. And to think he is just on a fishin vacation and did billet proof on a whim. His only trailer is the one he is towing. Good pick.

[​IMG]

4. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

5. dv8

dv8

Absolutely!

It was a way cool wagon, with a nice set-up...engine, tear-drop trailer, period accessories... We really dug it!

And the fact that he drove says a lot!

We thought that picking the "Best Wagon" would be easy this year (we had "Real Mill" last year), but let me tell you, there were a LOT of cool wagons there! It still took all day to come to a final decision.

Again...We had a blast, and a big thanks go out to Allan, The Poor Boys, Don Garlits, The No Where Bar, and the local hotels for putting up with us!

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Even I got a sun tan. I had a great time, glad I brought my son with me. Thanks to everyone for their kind words regarding my mum.

The last car show she went to was The Rumbler's last February.

Although the motorcycle I gave the trophy was sweet I saw it being put into a van as I left, I got kinda sad thinking my hard work went to a bike that really isn't ridden. Next year I won't make the same mistake.

7. Skirv

Skirv

150 cars there? Are you kidding me? I think it was more like 650.

It was a great show. My hat goes off to the BP staff and especially the Tampa Poor Boys for doing a super job. They were working like dogs to make the show run smooth for the spectators and participants and did an outstanding job of it. Thanks to all involved.

I'll post some photos in another thread later when I get settled in.

8. AHotRod

AHotRod

Tim,
    Your Sedan's Flake-Paint is Awesome !
    A well deserved award. It was great to see you guys again and THANKS for building a great trophy too.
    You have no idea how many months of work and hours we have put into 2-days for Billetproof. Oh, and if anyone says they only saw 150 or so cars?....it's because they never left their lawn chair.
    I'm happy, and fresh sun-burn, and exhausted.
    Glenn Hayes
    "Poor Boys"-Florida

9. mj40's

mj40's

10. genosslk

genosslk

What a great time! Looks like fun! Great pics! I have to do this event! The drive from Oregon would be fun.

11. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

to many non billet proof cars there

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  12. Choptop

Choptop

there's always one. congrats you win the prize.

13. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

you too chop......you musta had one of them chomed up super show cars there.

14. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

YEP HE'S A GREENHORN FNG..:rolleyes:

15. The rest of the SFCC boys made it down, I didn't. I would have liked to have been there even just to see 150 cars and hang out with some car guys for awhile. It snowed here on Friday and most people won't have their cars on the road for another month or so. Grass is always greener, I suppose, but it chaps my hide when I hear someone moaning about these shows and I'm stuck in the land of snow, rust and street rods. If someone doesn't want to go next year I'll take your place.

16. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

They gave that trophy to the right car, your paint looked awsome..the whole theam of the car was dead on perfect.

17. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

wasn't what I thought it would be, but it wasn't a total waste of time.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  18. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Tim, I love the tiki style of your car and the 'flake is outstanding. You (and Ralph) really deserved the award. Good to you and Tim again, Mike

19. monsterflake

monsterflake

• About Choptop <dl class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><dt class="shade">Location</dt><dd>Sactown, Kalifornia</dd><dt class="shade">Occupation</dt><dd>Billetproof Promoter</dd><dt class="shade">Cars</dt><dd>1951 Mercury
      1964 Chevy Panel
      1963 Corvair Convert
      1965 Mustang
      1942 Harley WLA</dd></dl>
    <li class="list_no_decoration profilefield_category"> Signature
    Billetproof
    The Cruisin News

[​IMG]

20. full race

full race
    from florida

With 150 cars you would have been able to park any were. not at KDC

21. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

I said I wasn't gonna' do this but.... The prize patrol just delivered this for you. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

22. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

This is getting ridiculous, onlychevrolets I made this trip last year and was very happy with the types of cars this show promotes. I am not sure what sort of cars were there this year but I am sure there were no billet catalog ordered cream puffs there. Just because there are a number of nicely done traditional cars does not mean that it is a streetrod show.

23. zzford

zzford

Hey Bill, Tell us, who won best hot rod this year!;)

24. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Thank you Mike...this means so...little coming from you. I'm sure if you ever met me in person you'd see I'm an OK guy just like ...well ,not you but , normal people. I can say I didn't care for the show...does that make it a bad show? If so .. how did I get elected and where is my check? get over yourself, the Poor Boys did a great job , the setup was perfect, great weather lots of people. But a Billet Proof ( as I see it ) it was not. Have a wonderful life my newest best friend.

25. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Thanks Joe, Your Bill Hines art was a real hit. It certainly went to a great car.
    We all wish you could have made it back this time but sometimes things don't work out. I know we'll see ya' next time and I'm already wondering what sort of incredible award is in your head now. :D Thanks again for an amazing award. Mike

26. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I agree that "Bill Hines" was way over the top. Great work !!!!!

27. Normspeed

Normspeed

I've been to quite a few meets across the country and I think this one was top notch. Really wide array of cars, a lot of amazing creative stuff, and dozens of rides that made me drool. My thanks to Alan, the Poor Boys as well as the DeGenerators and all the other participating clubs. terrific day all around. Well worth the hop from New Mexico. I also scored 3 spare carbs for my car at the swap meet.

Oh, and thanks for the cool Tiki! This kinda thing doesn't happen to me often.

Attached Files:

28. dv8

dv8

There seems to be a lot of drama and misconceptions on this thread, so let me set the most important one straight....

Tim carved the Tiki, and Jon (me) owns the flaked sedan..... :)

Carry on.

29. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

this was a great show, we drove up from miami in my pontiac and had a great time cant wait for next year, and about the 150 cars u must have been on the wrong place!

30. dv8

dv8

We met up at the Cracker Barrel sunday morning (minus a couple that went home saturday), and then headed south....

[​IMG]

We stopped in Bushnell for a final fill-up and "drain-out" and BZT's '35 truck, the Death Machine...just rolled over to 666 miles on the odometer!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He has a 331 Hemi and runs all six carbs....and drove from Venice and back and barely used any gas!

One thing I learned about Bushnell.....The bums there are way high tech. One popped up to look at the cars, and then whipped out a CELL PHONE! he called another bum, and he came walking out of the woods to see the cars too!

Weird!