Register now to get rid of these ads!

??? OT parts for non OT project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by droplord49, Aug 19, 2010.

1. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Just wondering if anyone could tell me the width and lug pattern on a 73 olds cutlass rearend. There is a local guy parting out a low mileage 73 Cutlass on craigslist and I am thinking about picking up the motor/tranny/shaft/and rearend for my 51 Chevy pickup, just not sure if the rear is going to be to wide. Thanks

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  2. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Bump for the morning crew

3. Bolt pattern is 5x4.75. Can't help on the width, though.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The width should be just about right but that rear end is a coil spring 4 link setup with lots of scabs that need to be trimmed off before you stick it under the truck. The 350R and 350 trans if that is what the car has would make a dead nuts reliable drivetrain for the truck if they are in good shape. Kinda wide though.

5. Measure From brake drum to brake drum on your truck . Then measure the car rearend the same way, If it is a little narrower It won't hurt. Or measure center to center of tires and compare. You want your tires to fit inside of wheel wells. Good luck.

6. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Thanks guys. It is a 350/350 that runs great with only 90k on the clock. I am concerned about the width of the engine as well, but think I can shoehorn it in there.