Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: My buddy passed on today...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oggie, Feb 22, 2008.

1. rab71

rab71

When my wife an I met she had a cat... Her name is Booger... I am allergic, I mean really allergic to cat's. Now... I have three... But out of the three, the one I hated the most is my favorite.

Booger is a beautiful old girl, she is actually 20 human years old which is very old for a cat. I think every day I come home and she will be hurting in some way, or already gone. But she keeps kickin'. It's great how she gives the two younger cats what for.

I seriously dread that day when she is not around any longer. I know... A cat is not so "manly" but she keeps me company and hangs out with me around the house or in the garage. Funny she was my wifes cat but she hangs with me, more than her.:rolleyes:

I can understand your loss, and I am truly sorry. Losing a pet is just as hard as losing a human family member. They are there for you when you come home from work every day, they don't just drop you if you get mad at them, they are a true friend when you need one. They may not talk much but they sure can listen.

I wish I had something I could say that woud make this much easier for you, time heals all. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Rob

2. 48reo

48reo

sorry man, he looked like a great companion, wise.

3. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

sorry to hear it, but i know that he had a great life with you, if you took the time to tell us about it, not many pets are that lucky.

4. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

God, im sorry man. I was discussing this exact senario with my girlfriend today pertaining to my Pug.... The things that dog and I have been through.... Sorry for your loss dude, like losing a member of the fam...

Jaison

5. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

sorry about your loss man, dogs rule!

6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Mans BEST Friend!

7. Doug B

Doug B

16 years is a good,long run...but it still hurts. I lost my black lab mix about 5 years ago.She went to work with me every day for 6 years. Fat,slow cats that taste like chicken....that cracked me up! Hang in there ,man.

8. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

My sincerest condolences, I honestly feel how deep the pain is. I lost my best friend Marny almost 2 years ago. After all this time, I still can't talk about her without tears. I'm finally a[​IMG]t the point when I can think about getting another, not a replacement, as you know but another.

9. rodsnhawgs

rodsnhawgs
    from WV

Heard a wise man say once if you want to know true unconditional love, you might want to consider a dog. I feel you pain Oggie. RIP Kiki.

10. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

funny thing about dogs. If you think about it, they ARE exactly what we wish people were.

We have a 15 yr old little girl with a collapsed vertebrae between her shoulders. She gets around pretty well but now must be restricted from jumping. We can't leave her alone for fear we'll come home and find that she jumped up on the furniture then injured herself when she jumped down. We take her everywhere and I made a baby stroller work so we can limit her walking and we take some grief from some assholes about coddling/spoiling a dog...but fuck 'em...This dog has treated us very well for 15 years and the pay back is a pleasure and an honer.

I'm gonna be a mess when she is gone...

11. Oggie

Oggie
    from Nor Cal

I again want to thank everyone for their kind and encouraging words. It will be tough with him not being around, but knowing that he is no longer in the pain that had affected him for last week or two is somewhat comforting.

Mourning him will be a long process and remembering him will be forever.

Peace,
    Oggie