Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ordering parts on line

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Perry Hvegholm

Perry Hvegholm

This. Right here. I do it all the damned time....

seb fontana and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. Perry Hvegholm

Perry Hvegholm

I have like four full sets of engine gaskets for Mopar big blocks.

3. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After a couple of small mis orders I've taken to looking up everything online and then phoning in my orders. The order takers are helpful and any (my) confusion is cleared up early

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. Stay Safe!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. Actually I am very Right!:oops:

54vicky and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. I am referring to mentally not being right. :p HRP

7. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have done it a few times--Bifocals and old age don't help. Just typed in the wrong number on an order-got two small block crank pulleys instead of one--Oh well-save it for next project. Not the 1st time either--have lots of extra 40 parts that I ordered too many of-used up alot of them but still have some!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. 54vicky

54vicky

I think after reading through I think that all orders placed on net should have a disclaimer stating that any and all orders require that person placing order must be wearing glasses.:D(Danny)like others hope you and others in the path keep safe.they may also require you to be stone cold sober

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    HOTRODPRIMER and deucemac like this.
  9. Oilguy

Oilguy

I have done this same thing too often. I no longer order parts until I am ready to install them.

10. Ya, that too!:p

HOTRODPRIMER and 54vicky like this.
  11. rjones35

rjones35

Yeah it's pretty awesome when somebody actually provides good customer service. It's hard to find anymore it seems like, and it's always a surprise. Even where I work - I do the shipping and every now and then I'll get two orders for the same thing, from the same customer. And because I haven't learned my lesson yet, I'll ask the order taker people here if the customer really wanted to do that, or was it a mis-entry on their part, or our part. The answer I always get from our people is "Well, that's what they ordered." So then I have to get in touch with the customer to double check. 2 out of three times it was a mistake. Doesn't take very long to check.

Oilguy and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  12. I have been ordering my Ford parts from C G parts in CA because when you call, most of the time you get the owner and he is super nice. Last two orders:

I ordered a headliner kit for a 1953 Ford pickup. Big cardboard piece. Says right on the ad that oversized shipping will apply. I placed the order and later that day the owner called and told me what shipping would be (about the same as the headliner cost), and asked if I still wanted it. He also mentioned if I didn't want it, I wouldn't need the headliner clips or rubber seal either. I still bought it, because I would need to ship it no matter where it came from.

Then yesterday, I ordered some small parts for my 56 F-100, and on the order form accidently marked "postal" for shipping instead of "whatever is cheaper". Again, the owner called and told me UPS is about 16.00 cheaper than postal if I wanted to go that route. I thanked him and my parts on their way on the brown truck

Now, either time they could have just processed my payment and gone on with their business, but in two times, they honestly cared and tried to save me money. That is why they get my business.

Hotrodmyk, cpd682, charleyw and 3 others like this.
  13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My ordering issues have been self inflicted from not paying attention when searching for something and having a quite similar but not exactly the same item pop up on the page at a better price. I've got pretty good at double checking part numbers now.
    I seem to be another who buys a part only to discover that I already bought the same part a year or two before.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I’m just hoping that the few things I’ve ordered recently get here before the slackers at Canada Post go on strike :mad: :D

54vicky and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  15. I had a few problems when I did my o/t.
    Kudos to the following stand up vendors!
    Summit, Wilwood, Fatman & Steele Rubber.
    I started collecting parts a couple years in advance of the build.
    When it came time for assembly there were a few wrong parts, this always happens for some reason.
    When I explained my dilema & the time frame difference, they(see above) where extremely helpful.
    I did run into a few dickhead vendors, mostly local guys.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Was`nt car parts,but the guy that I worked for in a local parts house was a reloader.He accidently ordered 10,000 150gr .30 cal Sierra spire point bullets:eek:.We eventually used them all up in about a year.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. X-cpe

X-cpe

My problem is with my tri-focals. The keys on the keyboard keep dancing.

rjones35, 54vicky and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. Heck, all the letters are worn off my keyboard. HRP

19. 54vicky

54vicky

:D:D:D:D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I order stuff and check the invoice when the parts get here, note when some are back ordered but as they come in I check them off..So eventually I have all the items but when I go to assemble there will be one or two that are no where to be found...:mad: Parts store I used to go to I knew one of the guys who worked there and when I'd walk in he'd yell for all to hear "what are you bastardizing now?"..But he'd always find what I needed.

HOTRODPRIMER and 54vicky like this.
  21. You will have to excuse the occasional spelling faux pas, my keyboard is slatted for a update. HRP

gimme_a_break_gimme_a_kitkat.jpg

22. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

That looks bad.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

Hot Rod Primer I will hand deliver a FREE Walmart keyboard to you this weekend, I want to go to the beach anyway!
    Be Safe!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

That's not wiped off keys,,, it's keys coated in car dirt/grease,,, just get some lacquer thinner,,,, and all will be well

HOTRODPRIMER, 54vicky and 34toddster like this.
  25. 54vicky

54vicky

I think he photo shopped it with his glasses on:rolleyes:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. What's with your obsession with glasses? HRP