Register now to get rid of these ads!

Opinions are like A$$....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tinyelvis, Jan 28, 2004.

1. tinyelvis

tinyelvis

.. holes.. but then again, to me, they are like GOLD when coming from the HAMB. As some of you may know.. i'm back in the market for a car. Thought I found stuff I liked.. then didn't, got cold feet, now I may have found what I have been after for a while...

So check this out... what are we thinkin' here.. yes .. no.. maybe.. and I would need a shipper from Cali to DEEtroit.... isn't there a newbie on here that ships?

LINK: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6391&item=2456047614

Thanks, per usual,

Tiny

2. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Looks good if thats what you want go for it.

3. TinyElvis...I like it!...37 olds....it's got lots of charm plus with the extra room... you won't have to rub knee's like in a coupe and it's got a trunk to put your BEER! See if any of our fellow So. CAl. HAMB brothers can either check it out or maybe give you a lead of how to get it home. The seller might even help if it means a sell. E-mail the seller and find out? Good luck,...the other Elvis.

4. That looks like a real clean body, But I think there is lots of work yet to make it nice. All the glass is bad and the chrome looks worn out too.
    If you wanted to turn it into a streetrod it would cost antother 10grand.
    It's one of those cars that if it was the car of your dreams it would be a great start to redo the way you want it.
    The olds is the same size as the Buick too, it is about 10% larger than the Chevy of that year. Which means it's kinda of a BIG car even though it's a coupe.
    But if you get it let me know I would like to come over and see it.

5. haring

haring

That's a lot of bread for a car that you aren't 100% in love with. Besides, it's an eBay car -- could be a big pain in the butt once it's all said and done. I'd avoid it unless you GOTTA HAVE IT.

6. tinyelvis

tinyelvis

Thanks roadstar.. I'll have you and race swing by if it happens for sure. We'll see how it goes, I do love it.. the glass concerns me, the engine doesn't really.. basically, it's clean and rust-free from what I can tell, which is the only thing that scares me on cars.. everything else I can handle pretty well. Rust.. not so well. ANyway.. keep 'em coming.. oh yeah and it does seem like a pretty good amt. of dough.. ugh!

7. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

I wouldn't even sweat the glass that bad... it's all flat..!!

rubber is easy to find, you just need to use the old glass as
    a template, or use cardboard and have a glass shop do it for ya...

I can't see flat glass being that expensive...

Other than that, if it truly is rust-free, I'd say great looking car..!!

8. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

my question is why dont they make cars with the tail lights at the c pillars any more. never seen that b4 but then again im a youngin. i say get it! its bad ass.

Bryan

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I really like that body style. What I don't care for is the front end. The grill is butt ugly. The hood needs to be pancaked abit, work in a different grill, maybe a 37/38 Ford, take off that front bumper guard, and come up with a fresh headlite treatment, those ones look like bug eyes. Other then that, it's a great looking ride! [​IMG]

and I agree with Bryan, those taillites are awesome. You gotta keep'um. Very unique.

10. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Yes, and if you get it and decide you don't like it you can probably sell it to my dad. Those late-thirties GM coupes are his passion. The Olds is an under-exploited marque, too. Everyone on here is going to say "custom" but I really think it'd be a neat hot rod (ala '40 Ford).

11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

what is "A money money"???? [​IMG]

12. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i like. if you pay me well enough i will drive out to Cali and get it for you. i don't have a job no mo so why not.

13. Beautiful car... I love the looks and that fastback sweep to it. Not much you'd need to do to make it look nice... just new tires and paint. Like other folks say, only if you really, really likc it... I personally think it's kinda pricey. Just because it's kind of a rar car doesn't mean it's worth a fat chunk of change, I think. I'd pay that if it already had a small block in it.

14. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

yeah but we've allready determined your a tight ass Kojack [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

it's not too unreasonable but you gotta figure in the 3K you gotta pay me to go get it. [​IMG]

rust free (or even reasonably rust free) shit up here is better than gold K-man. you should see the shit we have to work with.

15. Post deleted by Kojack

16. [ QUOTE ]
    yeah but we've allready determined your a tight ass Kojack [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey. It's called "economically challenged" asshole!

17. tinyelvis

tinyelvis

You guyz are killin' me.. well Mikey, if you're goin' to Cali to get it, I'm comin' with! I don't know.. I can see it now...

"Hey mike, now here's the cash for the guy."

"Thanks Jim, it's in good hands."

15 days later and a whirlwind string of male hookers later, Mike arrives in Cali...

"here you go pal, 3 grand for the Olds.." (yeah, 3 grand short..)

HAHA

I don't know I think i'm chickening out.. Denise, do you really hate the front end? I kinda liked it! It's different.. and yeah.. I would do it a la '40 Ford.. nice rake.. blackwalls tho.. chrome center caps.. 394 or 371 olds engine w/tri-power.. yeeeeaaahhhh... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

18. Wow.. I like it. I looked for a 39 Olds for awhile, but they too are $$$. Picture it with a J2, mostly stock on the outside... sigh...

Jay

19. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

[ QUOTE ]
    i like. if you pay me well enough i will drive out to Cali and get it for you. i don't have a job no mo so why not.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Not to mention ya gotta pay to rent a truck - cuz I'm not having 19083749283749 miles put on mine [​IMG]

20. I like the color of it. [​IMG]

If I had cash and I was lookin' I'd be all over it. Loads n loads of potential.

Probably wouldn't go the small block route though, even though I'm small block poor at the moment, perhaps a big olds, or Caddy. (an I'm not a big block guy).

Way down in the snout, and just a touch in the butt. Give it the stink bug look.

Anyway that's my opinion, so take a wiff a dis. [​IMG] [​IMG]

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[ QUOTE ]
    Denise, do you really hate the front end? I kinda liked it! It's different

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU liking it is really all that matters. Yes, it is different, very different. I think the space between the grill pieces are too large/wide. Also, notice the very end of the hood, where it meets the grill, looks like a bulge there. Lowering the headlites would do wonders for its appearance as well. But it's just my opinion, and like you said, everyone has one. [​IMG]

I sure hope you do get it, I'd like to see it in person.

22. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    yeah but we've allready determined your a tight ass Kojack [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey. It's called "economically challenged" asshole!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!! [​IMG]

23. hudson_hawk

hudson_hawk

i think its great. you dont see those everywhere. glass is cheap and easy, chrome? whatever put a SBC in it and drive the crap out of it

24. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i think a new grill insert (custom made) woud do the trick on the grill. nothin to complicated but the gaps are a it wide. i would'nt let that be a deal breaker though. i like the 371/394 J2 power plant idea. that would ROCK!!

it's ok your chickening out Jim, i KNEW you would >>cough<< PUSSY! >>cough cough<<!! [​IMG]