Register now to get rid of these ads!

OOPS now what do I do?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastrnu, Sep 27, 2009.

1. LesIsMore

LesIsMore
    from Ohio

Ok, If you really strip it down, get rid of the wheels and look at it, it isnt so bad, if you have the vision, you can build it. Here is a blank canvas, see what thes guys can come up with.
    [​IMG]

2. Oooouuuuccchhhh.....that hurt...just a little. :D I like it and can see some potential. I'm going with the other guys on the late 50's early 60's show truck thing. The oval panel in the back is too high...getting the truck level would help. I'd be inclined to section down the right caddy bumper and maybe widen the bed to get rid of the bubble fenders....angular bed and bubble fenders are a bad combo there. Look at the Dream Truck bed and Plowboy's Space Truck. Front end could work with the headlights, but the rest has got to go with a more horizontal grille opening and some chrome all the way across under those lights. I like the side window treatment in post #84 above. This could really turn into something cool....

3. I can just hear my high school senior English teacher, Mr. C. J. Tidwell, saying that "unique is an absolute adjective, that is, it does not take degrees of comparison. Either a thing is unique or it is not, there is no such thing as 'uniquer' or 'uniquest." Sorry, Mr. Tidwell, some things are uniquer than others, and this thing may well be the uniquest thing I ever saw. No chance that there will be two of them at the local cruise-in. Not everything than can be welded or bolted together should be.

4. michaelthe9

michaelthe9

It's so ugly it's cool. I think if you throw some bags on it and make the front fender bottoms parallel with the bottom of the cab, radius some of the really sharp corners on the fenders and a few other details, then you could see where to take it.
    Just my $0.02.
    Michael

5. russnunn

russnunn
    from Florida

ok here is an idea get yourself an Adam West era Batman suit and some flame throwers and ride around fighting crime. Sorry could not resist with all the Batman jokes. I give the truck a 10 for imagination. what ever you decide to do with it have fun you definately will not find another like it. I like it.

6. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

I like it straight up- just... different lol

7. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Yo, I built that truck, on a strange Rockstar fueled bender. If ya wanna know the inns and outs of it get at me.

8. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I built it for 500 bucks

9. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

Now that is the chit, to me it's a great low-budget truck and if a cheap V8 could be found / installed then it all makes perfect sense.

10. north

north
    from orlando fl

drive it into a tree and proceed from there

11. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

IMO, the Caddy fins stay, the bottom of the bed (the back) needs to taper in at the bottom and also taper toward the front at the bottom also.

That would get things "back in proportion" a little.

The fatness of the bed below the fins f-s everything up. Need to be thinner in both the side dimension and the front to rear diminsion...

12. my thoughts: ditch the fenders, widen the bed to match the cab width better, slam it, crazy paint job.
    Could be cool with a little effort.

13. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

LUV was wacked in the nose... had a pile of parts.... I drove it once and a dude cashed me out for it. I never had a chance to finish it. The bare metal photo is what it looked like the last time I saw it.

Attached Files:

14. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Ditch that front end for a stock front end and rework that bed a little and it wouldn't be too bad. If I had some better pics I'd do some chops for you.

15. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I know were there is a stock front end in town.... but its about two feet taller than that one is now

16. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  17. Stephen67

Stephen67

eBay it. Some where out there someone's dream just fell into your hands.

18. Plowboy

Plowboy

I think it could be pretty bitchin' with a little work here and there,

I feel sorry for all of the people with no vision or drive to create. If you can't look at that thing and see potential, I think you are in the wrong hobby....Yeah it is kind of fugly here and there in it is current state, but it is only a few weekends away from being pretty cool.

19. chopo

chopo

my thoughts exactly. i actually really like the looks of it. Like Plowboy said 2 or 3 weekends and you could be rocking a nice little ride. Its got Lots of potential. step back and look what you have done to a vehical in a few weeks time. Im a fan of it. with a few changes.

20. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

The sharp, straight grill and straight grill surround looks out of place with the rounded front end, and I've never been a fan of quad headlights on early stuff. A grill re-think would make a big difference. Also thinkin' 37 Ford headlights would look good. How about dropping the windshield height to match the windows instead of changing the window profile? Those rear fenders are just too massive and overwhelm the Caddie stuff. Different rear fenders or, some serious triming to take some bulk out of them might remove the "Caddie just rear-ended a Cornbinder" look. I wouldn't scrap it, its got potential. Just gotta dig that potential outta there. But hey, whadda I know?

21. improbcat

improbcat

See if you can track down a set of '63 Mercury Comet S-22 taillights. I think they'd fit that rear opening fairly well and would definitely got with a 60's "Show Rod" theme.

[​IMG]

I'd rock that truck in a heartbeat, hell if you lived on this coast I'd give you the $500 for it tomorrow. Some metalwork, some new rear fenders, taillights, grille & wheels would get the shape right, and it'd look sweet in metalflake.

22. Jettback50

Jettback50

I would have paid $500 bucks for it! The overall design needs a little work but pics from the Dude make it look like one of those lost home-built cover cars from the sixties. How did I miss this thing? I'm in Oly all the time.

Let me know when I can see it. Bring it to a show. There will be some fans. Keep the four banger in it.

I can't belive guys are saying put a stock front and rear back on it. That's been done, this hasn't.

I might be a little biased, I like caddys and trucks so parts of this work. I have wanted to buy somebody's old unfinished custom and finish it for years. Sometimes it just takes a new set of eye or another pocketbook to finish a big undertaking like this. If it's running, enjoy it. When you are done or disgusted, flip it.

23. I like it.

The wheels gotta go. Maybe some chrome reverse with wide whites. Paint it all one solid ( flat ) color.

24. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

When I had it it was runing Desoto wheel covers

25. ..........cheese has slid off your cracker :D that's funny! It will take a pretty big hammer to knock the ugly off of it, but I do think it can be saved. Get some of those drugs that Plowboy uses, might make it easier!;):)

26. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Great work and creativity man! I love the truck! How many vehicles can you build for $500 that will get more looks than a new Ferrari?

27. Probably the best post on the thread; unfortnately the number of "car guys" with no vision for anything that's less than perfect to start with is way too high.

28. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I'm sorry, but this poor bastard is butt ugly. It's almost like he was trying to get a laugh.

29. 666Irish

666Irish

I say just have fun with it. You obviously wanted it on some level. Delete what you don't like, add what you do like, drive it like you stole it, and have a great time!

A quick and dirty photoshop paintjob and drop:

[​IMG]

I ran out of time, so I didn't get to the wheels.

Steve

30. greazy john

greazy john

i like it...... could be a 60s show truck they sure had some weird looking creations back then...if not send out here we drive stuff like that...lol

GREAZY