Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ontario HAMBers, Fall Barrie Roll Call..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailhead_sled, Sep 4, 2003.

1. nailhead_sled

nailhead_sled

Ok, so who's heading to Barrie this weekend? I'll be heading out Friday morning. Big A, Bgbdlinc, Unk, Junker, FatChuk, what are your plans???

2. Maybe tomorrow,maybe Saturday.Weather looks good.

3. Fatchuk

Fatchuk

Hey: Nails Think I'm gonna pass on Barrie this year....kinda tired of Mr Haney and all his bullshit rules and rip off prices..I think over the last ten years I haven't seen anything new at Barrie cept for more offshore shitheads selling socks,T-shits and underware ,,,,,,I have been following more Hambers and their build Cars and I sense a new trend moving our way with more traditional rods and less billet and chrome and assholes who show up at cruises.... to out bragg each other with all the money cars..I ain't into that shit.. I want a car that I don't have to polish and shine and I can touch it up with a rattle can.. I want an every day driver from spring to fall with lots of noise and a decent stereo, no chrome, no paint an no assholes in the parking lots with California dusters...These guys on the Hamb got the right attitude and the kinda cars I like,,,,Think I'm gonna drag that 5 window Coupe outa the barn and with help and advice from these good guys on the HAMB..I'm gonna cut 4 or 5 inches outa the roof and find me a staight axel set up and try and get this suker up and running for next spring.....Fatchuk

4. deuceguy

deuceguy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I plan on being there early Sat morning. You guys meeting somewhere?

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Maybe I'll go tomorrow,wanted to replace the rad in the model A......got some problems in the upper tank.Any you guys know Larry Shacklton, he's got some gig on tomorrow as well..........

6. [ QUOTE ]
    Any you guys know Larry Shacklton, he's got some gig on tomorrow as well..........

[/ QUOTE ] Never heard of him.But that doesn't mean much,I have trouble remembering my own name,never mind someone elses.What is going on tomorrow and where?

7. nailhead_sled

nailhead_sled

Is it just me or do people think thier beat up shit is worth more every year? Just got back from Barrie, and as ususal didn't find much. Prices were outrageous (starting with the $10 entry fee), one slapnut was selling 'batwing' style 4bbl olds and caddy air cleaners for 425 a pop, another dick had a table full of stromberg cores selling for 95 bucks each, only to be topped by the cheesedick who had the balls to ask 2200 for a three deuce setup for sbc missing the linkage and with frozen carbs.
    As for what I did pick up:- I grabbed a compound carb intake/split manifold off a 41 Buick inline for $65 and managed to sell it for a whole lot more on the walk back to the parking lot.
    For anybody who is heading out Sat or Sunday, make sure you look for the guys with the Husky air tools for DIRT CHEAP near the car coral, my buddy picked up some nice hardware at a criminal price.

8. Suprised the shit out of me,I actually bought a few things.'37-'39 Ford windshield frame,Model A rear window garnish,'31 Chevy deck lid,and a hand full of Clecos.Like Johnny Cash wrote:One piece at a time. [​IMG]