Register now to get rid of these ads!

One of Nouhuh's misfits!!! 51 Vicky build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ether, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Here is one of Nouhuh's misfits, Ya just like it said in the title. My little buddy has a few, misfits that is. How many of ya out there know of a buddy who has no problem tearin one apart only to end up with an unwanted toy like the little guys on Rudolf the red nosed Raindeer?????

Well call me a sucker but I kinda feal sorry for the little guy, the Vicky not Nouhuh, and I got sucked into helping with the build. Some call it Charity work, I guess Im hoping for good KARMA!!!!

Stick around and Ill try and keep you posted on the build process of this future DAILY DRIVER!!!!!!

First I got roped into draggin it home, MAN was his wife HAPPY!!!! She thought it was mine, only to find out my wife would rather have had the Vicky at our house, rather than anouther rotted 51 Mercury(also in the pics). Thats Nouhuh "AKA Lefty". Hes kinda shy but Im sure he will chime in!!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  2. We will be installing a small block chevy in this cruiser, a piece Lefty had layin around. Its a later model 1 piece rear main seal so we had to do a little disecting of a couple pans to get it to work in the Vicky. The pan is from a 63 Chevy II with a front sump and pickup.

Attached Files:

3. We installed the motor and OD trans and trimmed the tunnel. The floor and toeboards needed work so back to my house for a LITTLE sheetmetal work. CRAP, did we go through Mountain Dew.

First we had to fabricate new front floor mounts/supports. I wasnt sure the coupe/sedan ones were the same for a Vicky/convert so to the plasma cutter we went.

Attached Files:

4. Now for a bit of toe board, floor and tunnel pics. All hand fabricated by Lefty and myself.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010

5. And a we raised the distributer cove 2 inches for clearence.

Attached Files:

6. Also, we are looking for anouther Vicky top. We will be chopping this shoebox and need a partial or whole top to do it. Any leads would be appreciated.