Register now to get rid of these ads!

ONE DAY ROADTRIP-GOOD FOR THE SOUL?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarliner, Nov 7, 2004.

1. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Just got home from a one day road trip,hadnt did any for a while, and I have to say, it was a refreshing break for me.Really as of late I, really enjoy staying home and working around the shop,it seems to make what little time I have off last longer and more enjoyable.Just started a new job,and I now know why, it was open,its not gonna be a cake walk, but think I will survive,hot rodders, dont give up without a fight? Right! Right!
    So I made a deal with injectedA here on the Hamb, to do some trading, my 34 glass body for his lathe,I think it was a good deal for us both,thats what I like about this place,things can happen here,that might not ever get done otherwise-gotta love the Hamb!
    Anyway here is a condensed version of the trip,went alone,had some time to think on the trip,got away from the job,I think Im better for it.Hope you enjoy!
    Firts shot my house 34 loaded ready to leave 6:30 a.m.

Attached Files:

2. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Made it to Bills house after 2 1/2 hours on the road and 3 hours lost in his neighborhood! He finally just came and giuded the DUMMY in!

Attached Files:

3. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

The coupe with its new owner,I think they look good together.I tell you ,we have some super folks here on the Hamb and InjectedA is one of them,guided me around StLouis all day and went out of his way to help.

Attached Files:

4. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

I just took my time all day and checked out several old car finds along the interstate, some were pretty interesting.I think anyone that cant find a project today, just aint lookin, these were on on the main road,along the way,here are some pics.

Attached Files:

5. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

More future hamb rides!

Attached Files:

6. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

more

Attached Files:

7. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Front view

Attached Files:

8. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

56 ford sedan del.

Attached Files:

9. Greezy

Greezy

Its good to get out and clean the cobwebs out of your head every now and then. Good luck on the new job Reggie. Im sure those last projects you posted could probly be had pretty reasonable theve been sitting for quite a while.

10. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Last but not least, the lathe I picked up from Bill. Thanks a bunch Bill, I made it home fine,another good Hamb deal done.And I forgot to mention, Bill has one super nice Pontiac wagon, loved it.Now its time to get back to work, but really had an enjoyable day!

Attached Files:

11. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

[​IMG]
    I think that that Chevy has been sitting there for over 3 years on the side of the highway. I see it everytime we go to St.Louis. And this is my favorite time of the year for out driving around on the back roads. All the leaves are dropping and you can see everything that was hiding in the tree lines. Oh and the snakes and spiders are gone also.

Chris

Oh yea, congrats on the new job. I think that everyone is changing jobs right now. I started a new one this past week.

12. weekender

weekender
    Member Emeritus

Reggie, those pickup's and the chev sedan belong to Donnie McBride I think. He lives just behind them. Drives a red 55 Stude every day. ( Saw it on the HOOK thurs before last?) I see him every Thurs morn at the Old Wheels car guy's meeting at Hi-Vee. I can ask him the prices this week?? Maybe Atch would know. He's an outstanding, uh, upstanding, uh, outcast, uh, well member of that club?

I went to St.Louis twice last week but didn't see the ford.

Thanks for the pic's and glad you had fun. Tommy Mc

13. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

i want those taillights in that sedan del!@

14. injectedA

injectedA

Was a good day Reggie, thanks man. You were lost on purpose, gave you those directions so I could finish breakfast. [​IMG] Kenny knows, I like to eat.

I see some roadside tin had the dog waiting a little longer. Sure hope you get that big bastard in the shop safely. Never thought about owning a '34, glass or steel. Racing form prefers the glass. Got some quality time with it last night, should go well. Here is a pic of the future, I think I got off of here. Injected of course.

Attached Files:

15. Rusty

Rusty

That what it is all about. Anothers mans problems are another mans happiness. Another great Hamber story.

16. atch

atch

i know donnie & i see those vehicles every day on the way to work/town. i didn't know they were his, though. if anyone is interested i'll ask prices. 'course weekender sees donnie more often than i do, though. i've never stopped to look up close, but i believe that the 4-door is a 27 or 28 chevy. the last truck in that line that barely shows up in one or two pix is a '60 (+/-) ford wrecker. how cool would it be to have your own wrecker to move sh... stuff around with?

glad you had a good day 'trippin' reggie.

A - we'll be lookin' for progress pix.

[ QUOTE ]
    He's an outstanding, uh, upstanding, uh, outcast, uh, well member of that club?

[/ QUOTE ] hey, willis, which one of us you talkin' about?

17. weekender

weekender
    Member Emeritus

That would be you Atch. [​IMG]

Don't know if I will see him, (Donnie) tomorrow or not. My son, Tim is coming in from Augusta, Ga. in the morning, to hunt the elusive White tail deer next week.

Tommy Mc

18. Had a 4 day trip last weekend. Worth every minute of it, if you ask me. Even learnt there is a place called Cumby, Texas.

There's a lot of cool rides on I35 (or was it 55)... just sitting off to the side of interstate.

But, the best part, was the northern lights on Monday morning. Coming thru Indiana, it looked like freak'n aliens. You can't see shit that well here in the 313...

Awesome.

jay

19. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

One more pic- the title for this is: WHAT WE ALL NEED TO BE DOING MORE OF!!!!!
    I was passed by this fellow, just out cruzing his 55 hardtop on a nice sunny fall day.
    Bill I suckered two of my x-best friends into helping me get the lathe unloaded, believe it or not,the whole process went really smooth, we got it setting in the shop, now just need to move it to its final location and hook the juice up.

Attached Files:

20. MattStrube

MattStrube

InjA, that looks like a sweet project and glass is definately the way to go for speed down the strip.

21. Don't think for one second that Reggie doesn't like to eat too. Open wide Reggie!

Attached Files: